decal removal ... HOW?

blind radish

• Members

Original post

anybody know how to remove one decal and replace with another?

(no, not to dupe ebayers ... I got a squier neck, but want a reg fender logo)

UPDATE

OK, after all is said and done ... I ended up buying a nice 93 MIM fender strat neck W/ tuners (after the squier did not fit properly) and installed on the CRASH body ...

guess what .... :love: :love: :love:

She's a keeper || Will not sell ... so don't ask :D

attachment.php?postid=14673216

• Members

Well, you're going to need a Fender logo sticker to put on, so these directions should work:

Method 1:

goto pawn shop.

Buy a guitar with a Fender logo on it

remove the necks on both guitars

attach the Fender logo neck to your original guitar

restring, tune, and play

Method 2:

goto pawn shop.

Buy a guitar with a Fender logo on it

throw away the other guitar, you've got what you wanted a Fender logo guitar

Method 3:

Don't worry about who's logo is on your guitar. The only thing that matters is: do you like how it looks, do you like how it sounds, can you you play it

Anybody who gives you crap for not having the "preferred brand" is simply putting you down to raise themselves up.

Janx

• Members

You'd need to sand the headstock to bare wood, apply the new decal, and refinish.

It's a lot easier to just buy a Fender neck on eBay. There are dozens out there. Or get a Warmoth or USACG neck and apply your decal of choice.

Or you could just play the Squire. Nothing wrong with that.

• Members

i love how all you faggots always {censored}ing say {censored} like it doesnt matter whats on the headstock...

maybe your views arent the only ones that are used? if he gives a {censored} than your opinion shouldnt matter

he didnt ask for a discussion on ethics and being non-commercial or whatever the {censored}

he didnt ask for your gay ass {censored}ty {censored}in titty sickin motherlickin comments

• Members

This reminds me of a funny car thing. A few years ago I stopped by the Pep Boys on Hollywood Blvd in LA to get windshield wipers. On my way into the store I pass by a Toyota Corona beater from the 70's. It was lowered with fat tires and had a BMW roundel pasted on the hood, and the trademark BMW "kidney grill" attached to the front end. The Corona body shape and size was somewhat similar to the BMW 3 Series from that era, but, well... That made my day. :D

• Members

You can mess with people too, and make it so it looks like "Fender" from a medium distance but turns into something completely different once you're close enough. Kind of like the logos on the Japanese lawsuit guitars, but it could be something really offensive or just with personal significance. Or something that will make girls want to figure out what goes on in your head. ;)

• Members

I totally agree with sex machine, he didnt ask for whether you thought it was right or wrong. He asked if you knew how to remove and replace a logo so if you dont post. Leave him alone, let him do wut he wants. Anyway, sand or scrapes it off, then buy a logo from ebay and follow the procedure to install it. hope it turns out good!

• Members

You need a good printer and the waterslide paper. Once you print the logo you need to clear over it because the ink will come off when you put the logo in the water.

This person will never go threw with everything that it takes to do it. Its not just somthing that you throw together one weekend.

IMO its just as cool to make your own then to use a logo like fender. It can get just as much if not more attention.

ericzwicky.jpg

FLanders.jpg

jizzcaster.jpg

But its your guitar, do what you want with it.

• Members

Originally posted by jrew

I totally agree with sex machine, he didnt ask for whether you thought it was right or wrong. He asked if you knew how to remove and replace a logo so if you dont post. Leave him alone, let him do wut he wants. Anyway, sand or scrapes it off, then buy a logo from ebay and follow the procedure to install it. hope it turns out good!

i do hope you and sexmachine get into a bidding war someday over a used Fender guitar. one with some slight marks around the logo on the headstock. hopefully the bidding will escalate quite a bit.

• Members

Originally posted by Sex Machine

i love how all you faggots always {censored}ing say {censored} like it doesnt matter whats on the headstock...

maybe your views arent the only ones that are used? if he gives a {censored} than your opinion shouldnt matter

he didnt ask for a discussion on ethics and being non-commercial or whatever the {censored}

he didnt ask for your gay ass {censored}ty {censored}in titty sickin motherlickin comments

what a bitch :rolleyes:

• Members

well first off it was xmas eve and i was a little off in that post if you catch me (got a vaporizor from my bro !!!:D )

anyhow, im not using that as an excuse, thats just my reasoning for the post being so weird

either way, my opinion still stands.

he asked for the proper way to remove a decal, not for a lesson in ethics or whatever you people thought you were doing

i saw those posts coming from a mile away as soon as i read the first post.

just want to clarify that you people here are ridiculous sometimes, and that you should let other peoples views on {censored} stand (like name on the headstock, if he cares, who gives a {censored}? not me)

happy new year bitches

• Members

sexmachine, while i understand how a vaporizer that should induce feelings of calm, good cheer & good karma might make you come off like a complete cock, well no........... i dont understand that, and you dont understand why we dont neccessarily want to help Blind Radish create a counterfeit neck. perhaps you should just go back to monitoring what everybody is doing, like any good stoner should :confused: , and we can go back to talking guitars.

• Members

Originally posted by L6Sguy

sexmachine, while i understand how a vaporizer that should induce feelings of calm, good cheer & good karma might make you come off like a complete cock, well no........... i dont understand that, and you dont understand why we dont neccessarily want to help Blind Radish create a counterfeit neck. perhaps you should just go back to monitoring what everybody is doing, like any good stoner should
:confused:
, and we can go back to talking guitars.

:)

might make you come off like a complete cock

HE IS WHAT HE EATS

• Members

Originally posted by Sex Machine

...he asked for the proper way to remove a decal, not for a lesson in ethics or whatever you people thought you were doing...

Yes, I understand...sort of...where you're coming from. Sometimes posters ask simple questions and get directed waaay off base - they ask for a recommendation on a good practice amp and get suggestions of boutique tube amps, or ask for a cheap distortion pedal, and guys recommend $250 handmade stuff...etc.

Yes, that's frustrating, but I'm sure you can see where people on this forum would not want to help someone possibly scam others. If the original poster had asked about faking Fender serial numbers, would that be ok too, because, you know, those Squire serial numbers look tacky...

• Members

Is it a maple or rosewood neck?

Sand it down, buy one of those stickers off of eBay, apply it. Coat the neck with some varnish, basic cabinetry stuff there. But hey, before you do that, write some date on the butt of the neck! Then shallac it, now your good to go. Screw what anybody says, it's your guitar.

:thu:

Archived