Epi LP Jr. Special or Squier Bullet?

firewalkwithme

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by RockinIt

Trust me...its "select layered woods". Not alder, not ash(LOL)....just flat out plywood. Unless there is another wood out there that comes evenly layered with brown/white woods.

Mine appears to be a plywood body, with a veneer strip going around the guitar so you can't see the end grain.

• Members
Originally posted by jjpistols

guess all you want - I've owned one and sold dozens - it's "select layered wood"
;)

I'll concede to the knowledge of an owner. :thu: I found another link to the Epi Jr that said "resonant tonewoods". On the other hand, in the past I'd found more honest descriptions of the bullet which specified "laminate".

Having bought two laminate guitars in the past (one Squier and one Jasmine Acoustic) I'm never going there again. They are just the opposite of "resonant".

In fact some higher end guitars have used lamination on purpose to hold down resonance and thereby reduce feedback. For example the ES335 or the ealier version of the Takamine EF341.

• Members

Originally posted by RockinIt

A huge plus one to this. See this is the area where rondo really accels. They dont use plywood or "select layered woods" in there cheaper stuff.

Haha @ select

I agree with you. Rondo is also one of the very few companies you will see do this, especially when talking about a $100 guitar

• Members

Originally posted by bmxdave

Wait a minute. You already have a Fender Duo-Sonic MIM RI '93 and a Peavey VTM-60.

Whats with the epi special or bullet question?

It's mostly because I'm looking for a super cheap electric in the future that I can abuse, and even though the Duosonic is cheap I'm just too attached to it to throw it around and gut it.

Archived