PRS News from NAMM

Trader

• Members

Jack Gretz from Magdon Music (3rd largest PRS dealer) sent out the following email to his customers:

NEWS FROM NAMM 2006

Hi there folks. I have some NAMM news to share with you.

Lets get started:

PRS:

Paul Reed Smith Guitars launched the 10th anniversary Private stock guitars. This is to celebrate the 10 years of the Private stock program. This began as the guitar of the month back is 1996. The program has now blossomed into a wonderful program by a custom can custom order any guitar model that PRS builds but to there own specifications.

The 10th Anniversary PS guitar will be available in a Singlecut Tremolo, a Custom 22 or a Custom 24. You may get a optional Brazilian rosewood neck and fingerboard. You may choose any Private stock color or standard production color. Also included are your choice of Quilted or Flamed maple top. If you choose a flame maple top you may have you choice of an east or west coast maple top.

I have secured several of these guitars and I would be happy to help you get a quote together for you. Later today I hope to have photos of the guitars on the website or you viewing pleasure.

The JOHNNY HILAND SIGNATURE MODEL:

For the Nashville player in you; A maple neck and fretboard in a bolt on neck design. Oversized black dot inlays from the nut to the 12th fret, 513 bird at the12th fret. Normal size, black dot fret markers from the 12th fret to the neck pickup. The bridge pickup is an over wound humbucker to give a hot Nashville tele tone. 3 way blade selector switching. Pull on the tone selects a split on the neck pickup.

Available in all PRS production colors.

Available in a 10 top option.

Locking phase II tuners.

PRS TREM ONLY

Custom Johnny Highland truss rod cover.

I ordered 6 of these for stock.

SOME OPTION UPGRADES AND MODEL CHANGES:

ON the SWAMP ASH SPECIAL

The switching is a now a 5 way blade switching system. A pull on the tone will activate Single coil mode on the Humbuckers.

New colors for the SAS are:

Black Sunburst, Vintage Cherry, McCarty Tobacco Burst, Black, Orange, (very cool in person) Natural, Raspberry, Dark Cherry Sunburst, Tri Color Burst, Vintage Natural, Blue Mateo and Emerald Green.

THE SATIN SERIES OF GUITARS:

In response to the high demand of the 20th Anniversary Standard 24 guitar, PRS released the Satin series of guitars in the following models

The STANDARD 22 and 24

Solid Mahogany body, Mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard and Bird inlays included.

24 fret neck carve is wide thin or regular and only comes with a tremolo.

The 22 fret necks are wide fat or wide thin and come with a stop tail or tremolo.

Dragon II pickups on 22 fret guitars with 5 way rotary or 3 way switching with a push pull on the tone control.

HFS and Vintage bass pickups on 24 fret models 5 way rotary or 3 way switching with a push pull on the tone control.

Finishes are:

Vintage orange

Vintage mahogany

Vintage Cherry

Charcoal

The SINGLECUT STANDARD

Solid Mahogany body, Mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard and Bird inlays included.

The 22 fret neck in a wide fat and comes with a stop tail or tremolo.

#6 Zebra pickups on this guitar with 3 way switching with a push pull on the tone control.

Finishes are:

Vintage orange

Vintage mahogany

Vintage Cherry

Charcoal

THE SINGLECUT STANDARD SOAPBAR

The 22 fret neck in a wide fat and comes with a stop tail or tremolo.

2 specially voiced Seymour Duncan P-90 pickups on this guitar with 3 way switching

Finishes are:

Vintage orange

Vintage mahogany

Vintage Cherry

Charcoal

MAPLE TOP SATIN SERIES

Solid Mahogany body with Carved Flamed maple top, Mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard and Bird inlays included.

The 22 fret neck in a wide fat and comes with a stop tail only.

#7 pickups on this guitar, with 3 way switching, on the upper bout with one volume and 1 tone control.

Optional 10 top

GOLD HARDWARE

OPTIONAL ARTIST PACKAGE flame with Brazilian rosewood fingerboard,

Finishes are

Vintage natural, Emerald Green

Black Cherry, Orange

Tortoise shell, Ruby

Blue Mateo, Natural

THE SINGLECUT TREMOLO

Solid Mahogany body with Carved Flamed maple top, Mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard and Bird inlays included.

The 22 fret neck in a wide fat and comes with a Tremolo only.

#6 pickups on this guitar with zebra bobbins, with 3 way switching,

Optional 10 top

GOLD HARDWARE

OPTIONAL ARTIST PACKAGE flame with Brazilian rosewood fingerboard,

Finishes are

Vintage natural, Emerald Green

Black Cherry, Orange

Tortoise shell, Ruby

Blue Mateo, Natural

SINGLECUT TREM MODERN EAGLE

Solid Mahogany body with Highly fingured Carved Flamed maple top, Brazilian rosewood neck with brazilian rosewood fingerboard and modern eagle Bird inlays included.

The 22 fret neck in a wide fat and comes with a Tremolo only.

RP pickup on this guitar with a brushed cover, with 3 way switching and a push pull tone control,

FINISHED ARE:

Faded Denim Red Tiger

Abalone McCarty Amber

Slate Emerald

Charcoal Old Natural

Yellow Tiger

Natural Backs on all Eagle guitars.

A couple of Notes:

On the artist package all fingerboards will now be Brazilian rosewood.

Yellow Tiger will now be available on the Modern Eagle as well as the Singlecut Modern Eagle.

On the EAGLE GUITARS: the inlays are Ripple abalone modern eagle bird inlays.

Note: I'm only posting this for the PRS news value, I'm not trying to promote anything here. If you got that impression, I'm sorry.

• Members

Originally posted by curseoftruth

Man, since they won the lawsuit, PRS is going to stick up the ass of Gibson! I'm a Gibby guy, but I also like the competition! Good for PRS! Keeps the other guys on their toes!

Sorry for the off the topic, but can you give some more details on the PRS / Gibson lawsuit situation. It has been a while since I followed this subject.

Thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by prodrigu

Sorry for the off the topic, but can you give some more details on the PRS / Gibson lawsuit situation. It has been a while since I followed this subject.

Thanks.

Long story short, the court ruled in favor of PRS and said they could continue to make a guitar that looks like a Les Paul single cutaway.

Archived