My bud is looking to get his first electric

ThunderDump

• Members
Originally posted by theManfromAlabam

Are the EC-1000's in the stores yet?

I'm curious as to how close they are to the ESP Eclipse II

you mean those 2 new ones?? they came out at summer namm they've been in stores. They look and feel amazing. :thu:

EC-1000 Price: $809.99 - $909.99
http://www.carlinoguitars.com/images/Picture_5164.jpg
ESP VTB $1724.99
http://www.carlinoguitars.com/images/Picture_497.jpg

Originally posted by ThunderDump

What's so special about that LTD?

Amazing quality and finish for the money plus great sound.

Specs:set-neck construction; 24.75

• Members

Dammit. You bastards spending $800 on your FIRST guitar just pisses me off.

Will he have anything left for an amp, chords, strap and pedals?

There are so many to choose from. Take him to a GC (no, you don't have to buy it there. I wouldn't) since they usually have the most on display. Whatever he thinks looks the coolest and feels comfortable is the one he should get.

Any guitar you can't walk by without resisting picking up and playing is a good guitar for a beginner.

• Members
Originally posted by xMadiMx

you mean those 2 new ones?? they came out at summer namm they've been in stores. They look and feel amazing. :thu:

EC-1000 Price: $809.99 - $909.99
http://www.carlinoguitars.com/images/Picture_5164.jpg
ESP VTB $1724.99
http://www.carlinoguitars.com/images/Picture_497.jpg

Amazing quality and finish for the money plus great sound.

Specs:set-neck construction; 24.75

• Members
Originally posted by theManfromAlabam

{censored}in Great...I purchased the ESP version last month...I don't give a {censored} if it says ESP or LTD...hell I could have bought two:mad:

You're mad cause you could of got 2 ltd ones? The ESP obviously is going to use the select pieces of wood ect and you can feel the difference in how they resonate but each is great and very solid. What do you think of yours? I find the VTB to be extremely thick and very tight and crisp.. love it.... If you're going to In Flames sunday in Chicago you'll see Jeff of Devil Driver on his. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by bmxdave

Dammit. You bastards spending $800 on your FIRST guitar just pisses me off.

Will he have anything left for an amp, chords, strap and pedals?

There are so many to choose from. Take him to a GC (no, you don't have to buy it there. I wouldn't) since they usually have the most on display. Whatever he thinks looks the coolest and feels comfortable is the one he should get.

Any guitar you can't walk by without resisting picking up and playing is a good guitar for a beginner.

he plays acoustic. but yeah, I thought that was high. He plugs his electric acoustice into some type of effects. I heard a recording and thought he was going for an Ac30 sound. too bad his amp fund is about 300 bucks.

• Members

he plays acoustic. but yeah, I thought that was high. He plugs his electric acoustice into some type of effects. I heard a recording and thought he was going for an Ac30 sound. too bad his amp fund is about 300 bucks.

Amps are even trickier to pick out. Everyone needs a practice amp. Then you need the high power amp for rehearsal/gigging if thats part of the plan.

I don't even want to get started on this.

• Members

A vox valvetronix practice amp wouldn't be bad, but if you can convince him to flip around the amp/guitar price ranges i think he could swing a voc ac15 custom classic and some kind of decent guitar in the 300$ range. That would rock.

• Members

He has a 15 watt crate practice amp

OK. Thats out of the way. If he's a good enough player already or a fast learner he should set some of those greenbacks aside for the bigger amp he'll be wanting. IMO stick with the basics on the amp. Theres a lot of gimmickry out there with built in effects and amp modeling built in. Keep that to a minimum. some modeling is ok IMO. Others will disagree. Whatever.

Basically, whatever he gets he'll be unsatisfied with within a year for either real, imagined or aesthetic reasons. So he'll buy more stuff. Then more. And more.

10 years later he'll wish he still had that first guitar or it will become his favorite.

Go figure.

• Members

Originally posted by guitar_played

A vox valvetronix practice amp wouldn't be bad, but if you can convince him to flip around the amp/guitar price ranges i think he could swing a voc ac15 custom classic and some kind of decent guitar in the 300$ range. That would rock.

I like the way you think.

• Members
Originally posted by xMadiMx

You're mad cause you could of got 2 ltd ones? The ESP obviously is going to use the select pieces of wood ect and you can feel the difference in how they resonate but each is great and very solid. What do you think of yours? I find the VTB to be extremely thick and very tight and crisp.. love it.... If you're going to In Flames sunday in Chicago you'll see Jeff of Devil Driver on his.
:thu:

I love mine...the guitar {censored}in kicks ass.

I never heard of In Flames:confused:

• Members

Originally posted by flying_high

if you are metal fan you are missing out.

Not bad...that's nice peaceful music...you know the kind you can just kick back and relax and free your mind....I am a little more into the likes of Judas Priest, Black Sabath, corosion of conformity, Metalica and disturbed type metal (Just plain metal)

Thanks mang

• Members

He says he likes indie rock. He wants it to use for rhythm work. I told him something with p-90's. What would be a good guitar for this man?

price range is up to $800

SG Classic with p90s is $849 shipped from Musicians Friend.

• Members

Originally posted by markas214

SG Classic with p90s is $849 shipped from Musicians Friend.

This would be a good choice. I would alro look at some lower end les pauls. Tele's and jazzmasters are very popular in indie rock as well.

I have a lot of guitars and if I was going to start an Indie band I would use primarily my '72 reissue Custom tele and my Gretsch Beast

Lucas S.

P.S. I wouldn't go near a ESP or LTD for indie rock. Just my opinion, nothing personal.

• Members
Originally posted by bmxdave

I like the way you think.

When I bought my first electric/amp i was also working with a big(ish) budget for a begginner (2 1/2 years of acoustic playing waiting for the right time to plug in ) and put the priority on the amp. Of course, i fell in love with a guitar that was 300$ more than I wanted to spend and lost 300$ in amp money, so the lesson is if you want to spend 400$ on the guitar, don't play the 700$ guitars :D

I'll repeat my advice, the AC15CC is likely great valu

Archived