Never mind the relics, here's the "Bastard Caster"

voneville

• Members

Originally posted by walfordr

Joe Strummer would be proud to own that.

Cool link! Joe's came from years and years of playing, mine was from carelessness. I would love to do a replica of it. For all the talk around here about having an arsenal of gear to achieve any given tone for any given genre of music Joe and Mick sure did do a lot with a Tele and a Paul (I know mick had some custom stuff done later).

• Members

Looks like a MONSTER...in a good way....maybe a hand painted body like Clapton's Cream -era SG?

Here's how to do it:

Take a couple of bong hits just to mellow you out...then a shot of whisky to give you confidence....maybe some speed to boost pick you up....a little acid for clarity and creativity...a hit of PCP to add that evil doctor twist....and top it off with a couple of lines to get you through the process....grab paints and a brush and go nuts.

hmmm then again...maybe not.:D

Seriously though...cool conversion...the guitar has some serious MOJO!

• Members
Originally posted by voneville

I'm working on it, most of my unused stickers I collected over the years are collectables now though, and I don't like many current bands. I'm pirating pics of the internet and going to glue them to the guitar, and then mod podge it!

I know a guy who stuck cut up Beanos (Beano is a weekly UK kid's comic, that's what Clapton is reading on the cover of the Bluesbreakers album) over his Strat and clear-coated it. Could look kinda cool if you went for the right option.

I think covering it with images of Betty Page would look :cool: , maybe a clear guard with fishnet stuck on the underside.... (damn, must stop giving self ideas for customs.... only ends up with me adding another idea to the GAS list....)

• Members
Originally posted by jjpistols

here's my telebastard, lovingly crafted from donated parts

tele9.jpg

I want to build an Esquier style in white w black plate, and one of those SDs that Johnny R used.... i think that'd be a pretty cool alternative to the Mosrite....

• Members

Originally posted by voneville

Cool link! Joe's came from years and years of playing, mine was from carelessness. I would love to do a replica of it. For all the talk around here about having an arsenal of gear to achieve any given tone for any given genre of music Joe and Mick sure did do a lot with a Tele and a Paul (I know mick had some custom stuff done later).

Yes indeedy.

I'm currently considering an MIM Std Tele in black, getting a black plate for it.... I've seen a few photos of Strummer playing one like that with a maple neck.... saw the great man in action three times - 99,00,01 - with the Mescaleroes, and he played that old beat to {censored} 66 Tele every time. I'm torn a bit - much prefer a maple neck, but I kinda like the idea of replicating that guitar in an earlier incarnation - the six saddle bridge on the MIM is "right" as Joe's had that mod done at one point - I was thinking of gonig for an early version of that guitar back when he had "Trash" stenciled on it in white. I'd be going for a black body / black plate, tho, rather than spraypainting both black over the burst / white as Joe did.

• Members

Originally posted by Edward

Ouch.

Kelly's actually quite a pretty girl when she dresses nice and puts her makeup on with a brush rather than a trowell...

I don't really believe in offending named people like that, so I've come up with yet another alternative - "Hella Caster." (Not sure if that refers to a real model somehow - there was a so-called No Caster at one point and maybe others...)

Archived