MySpace has no class, even in layoffs.

richardmac

• Members

MySpace just laid off half its employees and is for sale. Obviously I feel bad for the people who just lost their jobs. But Hypebot is reporting that they told all their employees they just fired, in a letter, to "stay connected to MySpace." As if. I'm sure the very first thing those people did was delete their MySpace bookmarks on their home computers.

Here's the link.

Facebook, are you taking notes? Give people what they want, fix problems, and don't get too arrogant because you can go from biggest thing to death bed in a relatively quick time frame on the Internet.

• Members

I can't use myspace 3.0 It's just utterly lame. I was going to pay bandspaces 2-3k with my old band to design our page. I am SO glad we broke up & never had to use them. I feel bad for the guys that have spent some serious money on myspace layout design, just for myspace to render them useless. I would be so pissed right now, I would be burning down the city hahaha. maybe not that extreme, but i'd be really really disgruntled.

This guy tells it pretty good and is exactly how I feel, and I have other issues on top of his beef due to the band layouts being rendered useless and other problems I have with the "new & improved" myspace.

[video=youtube;iqjyP1M-xzw]

I guess this upset the VP of myspace, and he made a snide remark on stoneys page, which just makes him & myspace look like bigger jackasses. :facepalm:

[video=youtube;2rQdiBLTi_4]

They want people to come back to myspace, go back to 1.0 and cut down on all the advertisement crap and people would come back. It's so simple, they won't do it. :facepalm:

I think what a lot of older people don't get, is us younger guys DO NOT care about forced advertisements and actually turns us away. When I visit a site and it starts blarring out my speakers some stupid vid/sound ad, I immeditaly hit the back button, when a show goes to commercial break, we're on to the next station, when we hear "the follow program is a paid..." CLICK next station.

If I am looking up a litter box and there's a small ad(read: small, non-intrusive) about a bigger, better, badder litter box or cool new cat toy. OK, it's relevant, and if it's good & I want it, I'll buy that too. But when you are trying to sell that same stuff to me on a music tab site(or even a relevant site), by hijacking my computer and have those stupid videos that overlap the entire page with a video forcing me close it before I can continue, I and everyone I know hit the BACK button. That site and that product is blacklisted, I'll never buy your product or visit your site again.

These guys just do not get it, it's unreal the complete obliviousness these guys have.

Facebook I don't really use because they steal & sell your information. So the social site arena is open for me. I've tried mocha space, bebo, etc. but give me a myspace 1.0 style site, and keep the {censored} out of my personal information and i'll signup and hell i'd even donate a little just for something that cool. So any web designers looking at this....The market is in need of another big social site...make that {censored} happen!

And once you get famous for having the best social site on the web...LEAVE IT THE {censored} ALONE!!! No "upgrading" no "Improvements" LEAVE IT THE {censored} ALONE!!!

• Moderators

One can hope though, that whoever is crazy enough to buy the sinking ship, will also be smart enough to remove all the annoying junk that Jones and his brain trust jammed into it trying to make it a cash cow. The real issue with Micepace was the tinkering and the blatant, generalized advertising (which kept me off of there completely, even though we had a band page, I never even looked at it). Their 'relaunch' was a fiasco, not unlike what happened here at HC; when you have something that is successful, why would you make a sudden and radical change?

• Members

Facebook, are you taking notes? Give people what they want, fix problems, and don't get too arrogant because you can go from biggest thing to death bed in a relatively quick time frame on the Internet.

They better be paying attention. I hate the new Facebook. They disorganized everything and it's becoming cumbersome. i give it 2-3 more years before it goes the way of MySpace.

• Members

They better be paying attention. I hate the new Facebook. They disorganized everything and it's becoming cumbersome. i give it 2-3 more years before it goes the way of MySpace.

Probably, but there will be something else in the wings, there always is. The "new" Facebook is still easier on the eyes than the monstrosities of myspace. Nobody is ever going back to myspace. Most people have the attention span of a gnat anyway, and it's on to the new thing. Granted, early on myspace was a decent way to find and promote music, but then so was Mp3.com. Sooner or later, they all die.

Archived