Rondo necks!!!

jjpistols

• Members

not sure if bodies are on the way - they've had them before

I got a couple necks last month - they match up with any of my standard necks scalewise/fret spacing etc. - not sure if the heel is the same size yet

I think that's the standard warning for nonFender licensed stuff

• Members

Originally posted by Sheik Yerbouti

Yeah, the ones he is selling now look unfinished. Thanks for the info.

Well, we all know how Rondo's pictures don't always match up with the picture.

That being said, if those necks are laquered like that, I might do a neck swap on my old Squire.

• Members

Originally posted by otis_rush_fan

Awesome. Thanks, JJ. I've been waiting for a maple neck for my sjm. An earlier e-mail from Kurt indicated these wouldn't be available until summertime or so. This kicks ass.

sorry - won't work on the SJM - I got lefty necks from Rondo to convert to reverse headstock - they are 21 fret no overhang, the SJM is 22 fret, no overhang

the ones I got (from this batch I assume) aren't vintage lacquer - light maple, satin finish

• Members

Originally posted by fuzzy4dice

Well, we all know how Rondo's pictures don't always match up with the picture.

That being said, if those necks are laquered like that, I might do a neck swap on my old Squire.

the neck on the Squier in my pic DOES NOT have the same finish as the current Rondo necks.

maybe someone could email Kurt to see if they will sell anymore with the Vintage look.

• Members
Originally posted by jjpistols

not sure if bodies are on the way - they've had them before

I got a couple necks last month - they match up with any of my standard necks scalewise/fret spacing etc. - not sure if the heel is the same size yet

I think that's the standard warning for nonFender licensed stuff

specs state that the heel width is 2 1/8" so it is 1/16" narrower than the standard 2 3/16" width...:o

• Members
Originally posted by vintage clubber

specs state that the heel width is 2 1/8" so it is 1/16" narrower than the standard 2 3/16" width...
:o

I gotta get me a measuring tape - the pictured necks aren't what this batch looks like, and I bet the specs may be off, too, as they often are on the site

the neck heel is a tight, really too tight fit into a Squier strat body - it could use a couple of passes with some sand paper - same type of fit into a Roadstar pocket

if I can come across some lefty tuners for cheap I'm gonna get one of these necks installed onto a Slasher (Firebird) body, and swap that neck to the Roadstar - I'm anxious to play it and see if it feels like the SJM

Archived