What exactly happened with Neil Peart?

AunShui

• Members

Originally posted by curseoftruth

His daughter was killed in an automobile accident then his wife died of cancer.

Since then then, Neil has re-married. But man, he lost his family in the span of a year. Just brutal....

Oh {censored}, that would definateley explain why the group decided that he wouldn't be fielding press.

My condolences to Mr. Peart:cry:

• Members

Read his book: "Ghost Rider".

Book Description

In less than a year, Neil Peart lost both his 19-year-old daughter, Selena, and his wife, Jackie. Faced with overwhelming sadness and isolated from the world in his home on the lake, Peart was left without direction. This memoir tells of the sense of loss and directionlessness that led him on a 55,000-mile journey by motorcycle across much of North America, down through Mexico to Belize, and back again. He had needed to get away, but had not really needed a destination. His travel adventures chronicle his personal odyssey and include stories of reuniting with friends and family, grieving, thinking, and reminiscing as he rode until he encountered the miracle that allowed him to find peace.

Reallly blew me away.

• Members

"Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road" is really a great read...I'm a huge Rush fan, and always enjoyed reading Neil's stories in the Rush tourbooks about their recording sessions. I've also read the book he wrote about his bicycle trip across Western Africa, and that was also a good read.

What I found interesting was how few times he was actually recognized during his travels while he was out and about on his BMW's.

Archived