Anyone used "AirPlay?"

richardmac

• Members

Just got an email from CDBaby and they have a deal with AirPlay. AirPlay is "the world's most complete, international collection of radio stations (terrestrial and Internet radio) and media outlets."

It looks like a pay to play deal. Here's what you get for $50 (actually $25 via CDBaby):

* Full Featured APD Artist Site

* Fifteen (15) broadcast-quality song slots / 1 release

* Real-time download tracking and statistics

* A digital press kit (DPK)

* 500 DPK deliveries/month

* Free Access to Revenue Generating Opportunities

OK. I can do an online press kit for free a billion other places. I can put my music online for free and have downloads tracked for free, too. I can get a free web site. What the hell is a digital press kit "delivery?" It looks to me like what you really get is 15 radio plays. Which could mean anything from an Internet radio station with 3 listeners to an actual radio station in BloodyNoWhere, USA.

BUT, CDBaby is a decent company and they don't normally align themselves with bad companies. Anyone actually used this service? 25 bucks isn't much of a price tag to use it for a year, but I hate throwing money away.

• Moderators

If it were under almost any other banner, I would look at it askance, but CDBaby is reputable.

However, you are correct that they may blow your 15 shots at 3:15 AM at KCHS in Truth or Consequences, NM or KCII in Washington Iowa right before the morning farm report. :idk:

But for a paltry $25, I think most bands would take it as a bargain...I'd blow more than that in a day in Vegas, right? ;)

This may bear a more detailed investigation...

• Members

internet radio = 0 exposure

Except that it gets more and more popular every year.

everything is going online.

A report yesterday said as recent as 3 years ago most people got their info from TV/Newspaper, now it's over 60-65% online where people get their news and will keep growing.

Internet radio is no different. embrace technology, don't resist it, you won't win.

• Moderators

Except that it gets more and more popular every year.

everything is going online.

A report yesterday said as recent as 3 years ago most people got their info from TV/Newspaper, now it's over 60-65% online where people get their news and will keep growing.

Internet radio is no different. embrace technology, don't resist it, you won't win.

I don't think he is resisting the eventuality.

I think the point was that, at the moment, internet radio is not where it will be. Things take time. Someday, we will likely wonder how we survived without it, but today, it is still in it's formative period.

Archived