I'm Getting One Of These....

paul44

• Members

Where's Batman when you need him with his Edwards, Tokai, Gibson, Agile, Epiphone comparisons.

Actually I think the Edwards was his favorite... until he eventually sold it too.

Anyway, congrats, I've heard good things, wish I could test drive one. :(

• Members
Originally posted by paul44

EdwardsE-SA-130LTC.gif

GREAT GUITAR.

I've been really tempted by that one myself.

The Edwards semis are the only ones I know of (for less than five grand) with a solid (carved) top and back. To my ear, it makes a difference in the sound. Has more of an open, resonant acoustic quality than the Gibson 335.

• Members

Originally posted by fretmonster

Actually I think the Edwards was his favorite... until he eventually sold it too.

My favorite is the Epi Elitists! Got one LP, another on the way, and an SG. I love the elitists!

The Edwards was nice but I couldn't dig the neck profile that much. But in no way was it nicer than the Elitist (nor should it be, it has a veneer top and is lower priced).

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

My favorite is the Epi Elitists! Got one LP, another on the way, and an SG. I love the elitists!

The Edwards was nice but I couldn't dig the neck profile that much. But in no way was it nicer than the Elitist (nor should it be, it has a veneer top and is lower priced).

Very interesting, kind of confirms what I've heard about the Elitists. Are the neck profiles the same as Gibson on those? Love a chunky neck.

Archived