For all you SJM freaks...

GuitarNoobie

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, it's here...and it's badass.

Intonation was fine when it arrived, the action needs a bit of an adjustment. All the components seem to be pretty nice, except the toggle has a bit of play. I'll probably end up replacing it, it makes me worry a bit.

The blue is beautiful, incredibly vibrant and it makes me smile when I look at it.

Can't make a fair assessment of it's plugged in sound, haven't played with it much, but I did plug it into my small practice amp and cranked the distortion. It has hell of a crunch.

The neck is nice as hell, the frets on mine are very nice, they do need a little bit of polishing with some steel wool, though. No filing required.

Lastly, the bridge seems fine, but sometimes I get an odd buzz from the saddles, which I hope will be aleviated with the buzzstop.

• Members

Intonation was fine when it arrived, the action needs a bit of an adjustment. All the components seem to be pretty nice, except the toggle has a bit of play. I'll probably end up replacing it, it makes me worry a bit.

The blue is beautiful, incredibly vibrant and it makes me smile when I look at it.

Can't make a fair assessment of it's plugged in sound, haven't played with it much, but I did plug it into my small practice amp and cranked the distortion. It has hell of a crunch.

The neck is nice as hell, the frets on mine are very nice, they do need a little bit of polishing with some steel wool, though. No filing required.

Lastly, the bridge seems fine, but sometimes I get an odd buzz from the saddles, which I hope will be aleviated with the buzzstop.

• Members
Originally posted by Sheik Yerbouti

Pics???

Sounds cool!:thu:

Mine should be here by midweek next week - i STILL haven't gotten a tracking number yet....:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by DenverDave

OIK - where can you order a Wizzo Buzz Stop? I'm Googling and not seeing anything. I'm planning on putting one on my SJM when it arrives....

They have em here too, for 5 bucks less...

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/gbridge_jagjazz.htm

And here's more info on em:

http://www.northcoastmusic.com/buzzstop/

Archived