What is your definition of a "producer"?

• Members

um....you're naming sales figures like that determine's whether an album is good or in this case, better than another. same band or not.

hardly, it was a point i stated earlier in regards to NIRVANA's success. it wouldnt have happened if Albino had done the Nevermind album. In Utero was a failure of an album sonically.

whatever... you seem too close minded to discuss anything further in regards to this or anything else musically. and yeah, i just bass samples all the time. its called a SYNTH you moron. ever hear of a Moog? pretty fat {censored}ing bass sound to it. works GREAT with rock bands. i have heard great keyboard parts laid to sound like a guitar solo.... perfect for the song. but again, close your mind and think what you want.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

know that i think about it... adding EQ, comp, whatever is NO BETTER than using drum samples. you are a moron. i have no time for you. nor will i have another reply for you.

a synth/sampler, are very well samples these days... dont know what a string vibrating between two points looks like?!? pick a waveform, thats your basic synth.... past that, add distortion or use a sawtooth wave. those are your basic building blocks. then there are samplers, which DO sample guitars, basses, whatever you {censored}ing feel like sampling and you can freely use them in songs.

guess you never gated a sine for use on a kick either...

you are one of the most close minded egocentric people i have seen here.... with your head probably stuck so far up albinos ass his "purist" yapping mouth is your skylight. go {censored} yourself.

buh bye...

• Members

sounds like a good answer in a nutshell... although i would add, while not having the right to "make [negative] waves"... must also make waves at times for the musicians to ride, create some perfect sets that bring out the best in the musicians. and being able to bring about a "final vision" for the project long before its made its way there and take the band along the path towards it, but also realizing when good detours are worth exploring, avoiding pitfalls.

its a bizarre job for sure.

Archived