New Standard Telecaster... pulled the trigger

bluesboy

• Members

I've always really liked that color (and I have a long-standing love-hate relationships with Teles -- over the past 30 years, I've bought and sold four).

Currently, I'm tele-less, and have thought about trying a tacocaster (all I've had before are US teles in various guises, including an original 72 custom that I'd kill to have back, but that's another story.)

So, I'll be anxious to hear what you think about it.

• Members

will post a review when I get it... in the past i have owned a 72 reissue thinline, Agile TC630, and have played on a regular basis an american standard tele. What really got my psyched about this new MIM tele is the new revoiced hotter pickups...

• Members

Originally posted by supernova89

What a coicnedence. Started a thread a couple of days ago about the standard tele and i want one in that colour as well. Post a review please! How much did you pay as well if you don't mind me asking. Going rate is about

• Members

Originally posted by bsman

Whoa! That's about $125 more than it costs here. You guys are really getting reamed over there!!!

Well Fender being american, it costs more to ship overseas. But we get Marshalls, Voxes, Laneys etc cheaper as they are british companies.

• Members

Originally posted by supernova89

What a coicnedence. Started a thread a couple of days ago about the standard tele and i want one in that colour as well. Post a review please! How much did you pay as well if you don't mind me asking. Going rate is about

• Members

Originally posted by bsman

I've always really liked that color (and I have a long-standing love-hate relationships with Teles -- over the past 30 years, I've bought and sold four).

Currently, I'm tele-less, and have thought about trying a tacocaster (all I've had before are US teles in various guises, including an original 72 custom that I'd kill to have back, but that's another story.)

So, I'll be anxious to hear what you think about it.

hell, I bought and sold four last month ;)

• Members

Originally posted by bluesboy

cool... how do you like yours?

I checked out the new Tele today. I haven't been overly impressed with the old Standards but this one was... what's the word I'm looking for? Oh yeah, hot!

Enjoy and looking forward to your Tele-licious review. :thu:

• Members

I got mine yesterday, you will be very happy. Better than my old 04 Standard I had and better than the Muddy Waters I had as well. The improvements really do make a difference and quality seems to be very high as well

115434421_d949f2d961_m.jpg

115434429_49bad1a17e_m.jpg

• Members

well... my new toy arrived this morning... if anybody is curious about getting one of these guitars... just do it. It is very high quality... I tuned it up, and it had great action and setup right out of the box. All I did was adjust the pickup height. It sounds AWESOME.... I'm so happy, and I can't wait to play it with my band :)

• Members

it seems that no matter how many (and how expensive) humbucker guitars I buy, I keep coming back to single coil guitars as guiatrs with the tone I like the best... maybe now that I've spent a million dollars (not literally) I will learn my lesson :freak:

Archived