5150/Franken project pics

sahlomonic

• Members

It is fun. I've half-assed a couple guitars before and had no idea what I was doing, but in the end they have turned out really well. I enjoy customizing my gear. I've taken damaged combo amps and turned them into head units and they've looked good, too.

• Members

Originally posted by sahlomonic

Decided to paint a 5150 scheme on my old Striker. What do you guys think? All I need now is to paint the headstock, and add hacked pickgaurd and electronics.

PICT1344.jpg
PICT1345.jpg

Very nice job. :) Just so you don't think you're crazy... You could always join us on www.EddieVanHalen.com . :) Pretty much all of us have a variation upon the Franky theme. :)

52526467_l.jpg

The lighting sucked hardcore. :) It is a darker red, but it's brighter than that pic shows.

• Members

I've cruised that site for a few months now. Very impressed with some of the buildups posted there. I think I'll be joining!

Quite the group of guys and gals, too. :) Dino does some amazing glassy finishes with frickin' spray cans and Frankenstraat nails every scratch, dent, and worn spot on a guitar.

• Members

Nice axe, Gilmourd!

Thanks. :) The body used to be a black Fernandes Strat (their version of the '62RI). I chopped it up with a Dremel, cut the guard, mounted a duncan '59 Trembucker and put a Gotoh Floyd Rose trem on it. The neck is from Scott at Customwoods. I did all the painting myself in a rush in my garage. :)

• Members

Decided to paint a 5150 scheme on my old Striker. What do you guys think? All I need now is to paint the headstock, and add hacked pickgaurd and electronics.

PICT1344.jpg
PICT1345.jpg

wow, you're doing good!

i want to do that to my bc rich warlock....

now THAT will look interesting!

Archived