Rickenbacker caught slacking

• Members

Those are the Johnsons sold here in Germany, distributed by Ami (Ami Germany + AXL USA = Johnson).

http://www.ami-gmbh.de/german/marken/johnson/saiteninstrumente/e_gitarren.html

I think most of those are only available in German shops, maybe you can find a seller on eBay who ships to the UK?

Thomann only carries very few models.

That's the JP-R3-BK, btw.

• Members

Originally posted by ArKay

Hehe, sure
:)

Maybe it's a new model. Johnson guitars are difficult to find in general though, I don't know. I'm really happy with mine, it's quality work, no sharp frets or anything. Really solid!

Do they have a web site? 480 is a model made in mid '70. It is a classic.

• Members

The international Johnson page only lists the standard series instruments which are available in the US. The professional line which is only distributed in Europe (or rather Germany) through AMI can be found here:

http://www.ami-gmbh.de/german/marken/johnson/saiteninstrumente/e_gitarren.html

Sucky page with only minumum information in German. It's good stuff which usually gets good reviews over here, too. But the distribution sucks, plus it's only sold here which is kind of sad.

• Members

Originally posted by ArKay

The international Johnson page only lists the standard series instruments which are available in the US. The professional line which is only distributed in Europe (or rather Germany) through AMI can be found here:

Sucky page with only minumum information in German. It's good stuff which usually gets good reviews over here, too. But the distribution sucks, plus it's only sold here which is kind of sad.

Thank's man for the link. Although no 480's. If you don't mind could you contact those guys to see if they have a 480 copies in offer. Thanks.

PM me if any findings. Thank you again.

• Members

After the exchange rate (that is 300.00 pounds sterling?) and shipping to the U.S. would you be able to buy a similar used rick over here for a price in the same ballpark? Those are really nice, if they could sell them in the U.S. I know a lot of people would want them.

Archived