Thinking about buying a Nashville Tele....

LOCO5150

• Members

Hey guys-

I don't post here very often, but do check these threads pretty frequently.

Anyway...so I've been checking out Strats for the last 9 months or so and haven't come across one that really is what I'm looking for...at least one under $1100.

So yesterday I was shopping and found a Nashville Telecaster...the one with three pickups. Plugged it in and it blew me away. I liked the Tele body and I think the three pickups in there really give you a lot of tonal options.

The list price is $549.99...I've seen them on americanmusical.com for $519. I'm just wondering if anybody has purchased one of these recently and what the final price was.

I'm thinking about walking in there tomorrow with $425 in cash and $75 in gift certificates and trying to get a deal. What do you guys think?

• Members

I got this one:

NashvilleTele001.jpg

(still need to get a better pic since a shadow messed this one up a bit)

from Music123 for $472 at the very beginning of the year. They were running a 10% off all Fenders deal + I was able to get in just before the price increase that hit the models right before the beginning of the year. They charge $35 more for the brownburst model, so if it were a solid color the price would have been about $440.

This particular model also has an ash body. Not all of them do.

• Members
Originally posted by SentimentalMood

I bought this one a few weeks ago at my local Guitar Center for just under $400. I'd highly recommend it.
:thu:

114424022_e33aacb13f.jpg

Brand spankin' new for $400 or was it used?

That's a monster deal if it was new!

• Members

Originally posted by LOCO5150

Brand spankin' new for $400 or was it used?

That's a monster deal if it was new!

It was new. I had to buy it for that price. I would've regretted it forever if I hadn't. But even for retail price it's a great guitar.

• Members

Originally posted by SentimentalMood

It was new. I had to buy it for that price. I would've regretted it forever if I hadn't. But even for retail price it's a great guitar.

How long ago was that? Those guitars list for $549 now....to get one for $400 would be asking for more than a 25% discount.

Is that reasonable for this instrument? I was thinking about $500+tax, am I too high?

• Members

How long ago was that? Those guitars list for $549 now....to get one for $400 would be asking for more than a 25% discount.

Is that reasonable for this instrument? I was thinking about $500+tax, am I too high?

It was about 3 weeks ago. I got a great deal though. $500 is a good price. It's worth it IMO. I love the neck on mine & the pickups are fantastic.

Basically, the price new is what it is. It's a hell of a guitar. I think you have the right idea trying to get them down to $500 as I haven't seen them new for less than 520 - 560. Maybe start at $450 - 475 since you have the certificates and cash. See if their willing to work with you. But even if you can get it for the $500. It's a great guitar and worth it.

I got a used one on a special of the week for $375. That was too good a deal to pass up. It's a sweet player and sounds amazing.

Good Luck!

• Members

$429 before taxes is all you should pay for a Nashville anymore than that is too much.

Great guitars them Nashvilles...they are lighter than the MW and the new 06 upgrade Teles...the Tex Mex pups {censored}ing rock!

• Members

I don't mean to be a pain in the ass, but where do you get $429 from?

Just curious, that's all.

I'll probably go in there tonight and try to make a deal on this thing.

$429 is what I paid at GC for my new Nashville. I hate to say it but it depends on the stroke sales rep or manager who is dealing with you.

Just tell the sales person $429 and that guitar is mine:)

Archived