Cort SP-3

PrisonerInGlass

• Members

Hey guys, first post! Anyway, I've posted this on several forums before, but for the life of me, I can't get a straight answer about it. What is the body of the Cort SP-3 made of? I'd like to know because if it's anything other than agathis, I want to upgrade pickups and switch out necks. It was my first electric and a good value but could be a lot better.

• Members

Originally posted by PrisonerInGlass

Hey guys, first post! Anyway, I've posted this on several forums before, but for the life of me, I can't get a straight answer about it. What is the body of the Cort SP-3 made of? I'd like to know because if it's anything other than agathis, I want to upgrade pickups and switch out necks. It was my first electric and a good value but could be a lot better.

Hey man, if it sounds nice and you think it could be a lot better with different pickups, just change it out regaurdless of what wood it is. If it sounds decent right now and you think a change of pickups will help, try it out, it can't hurt it... not like it's made out of balsa or something :p

• 13 years later...
  • Members

es fresno y de muy buena calidad, de echo tengo una stratocaster mim del 1999 y traen las mismas pastillas ,,y puedo decir sin dudarlo que suena mejor la corte SP3 de fresno de una sola pieza..que la fender mexico...

estas guitarras cort SP3, son una chulada,,,solo hay que cambiarles los potenciómetros por unos Emerson pro cts...y listo...

las mejores stratocaster  son de fresno....

On 12/24/2019 at 7:43 PM, Pepito1986 said:

es fresno y de muy buena calidad, de echo tengo una stratocaster mim del 1999 y traen las mismas pastillas ,,y puedo decir sin dudarlo que suena mejor la corte SP3 de fresno de una sola pieza..que la fender mexico...

estas guitarras cort SP3, son una chulada,,,solo hay que cambiarles los potenciómetros por unos Emerson pro cts...y listo...

las mejores stratocaster  son de fresno....

Rough translation, courtesy of Google:

It is ash and of very good quality, in fact I have a 1999 
stratocaster mim and they bring the same tablets, and I can 
say without hesitation that the SP3 cut of one-piece ash does 
sound better ... than the fender mexico ...

These SP3 short guitars are cool, you just have to change the 
potentiometers for some Emerson pro cts ... and voila ...

the best stratocaster are made of ash ....

• 1 month later...
  • Members

It's weird.  I joined this site in 2007 and didn't post much.  For some reason all the threads I'm seeing are ones from 2006.  Not to nitpick with Pepito but I had an SP3 and I'm almost certain it was agathis.  However, the Cort G260s and I think above were ash and very nice cuts.  I'm wondering if he's getting these confused.  The SP3 kind of predated their G series but it was during the Cort cheap knock off period.  

Archived