o/t sort of I like outsourcing...

voneville

• Members

I just got off the phone with a customer service representative with a well known company that has outsourced they're technical support to India. I have to say that the service I got was a lot better then I normally recieved before they out sourced. I'm not trying to say American's are dumbasses, but I think a lot of the ones that work at help desks are. No offense if you work at a help desk, I'm sure you're one of the smart ones.

• Members

Companies taht outsource their tech/customer support do NOT get repeat business from me. If the person trying to "help" me cannot understand my problem because we do not speak a common language, there can be no help. I won't deal with them.

• Members

the problem that I have is when I call for technical help. "Todd" seems to have a distinct Indian accent to his voice. (Dots not feathers) Which for me is extremely difficult to understand. Several times I have had difficulties understanding what I am being told and have to repeatedly ask for the instruction again and again. It might as well be a foreign language to me. Then again I speak French, Portuguese, German and am learning Spanish each and everytime I shop at Walmart. :D

• Members

I met a knockout east Indian babe with perfect English and an English accent when they were over here for training. I was training her for my job, she was so embarassed and upset that it was my job being cut that I got to nail her 3 times, including once in the ass. I had the last laugh, I got promoted and she went back to her crappy prearranged marriage.

• Members

Originally posted by SLfreak

I met a knockout east Indian babe with perfect English and an English accent when they were over here for training. I was training her for my job, she was so embarassed and upset that it was my job being cut that I got to nail her 3 times, including once in the ass. I had the last laugh, I got promoted and she went back to her crappy prearranged marriage.

That's hot.

• Members

As a computer programmer, I like it and hate it.

Hate it in that dumbass executives fire all the programmers to save money by offshoring. :(:mad:

Like it in that the dumbass executives have to bring you back as a consultant at a high hourly rate to fix problems that the offshore programmers caused. Plus, if I'm lucky, seeing the exec punished because the 60% savings they sold the idea on never materialized. The savings was maybe 15% and that doesn't even include paying to get the problems fixed. :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by bgmacaw

As a computer programmer, I like it and hate it.

Hate it in that dumbass executives fire all the programmers to save money by offshoring.
:(:mad:

Like it in that the dumbass executives have to bring you back as a consultant at a high hourly rate to fix problems that the offshore programmers caused. Plus, if I'm lucky, seeing the exec punished because the 60% savings they sold the idea on never materialized. The savings was maybe 15% and that doesn't even include paying to get the problems fixed.
:cool:

On a similar note, my last job was with an evironmental consulting group. My immediate supervisor failed to verify with the various project managers that they didn't need CAD support when they were deciding on my layoff.. I got laid off, and then 2 days later I got a call asking me back as a consultant. Fine by me, but yer paying dearly for it ;) Ended up making $10 extra an hour on top of my old hourly rate.. That was a fun six months lol It's amazing how dumb the people "in charge" can be... That company went belly up when one of those project managers made some promises that turned a $2m project into a $7m loss... Last I heard, DOE had them in court over defaulting on the contracts.. Man I hated environmental consulting.. Oh, did I mention the company was doing rad cleanup on classified job sites and was owned by Chinese nationals? How eff'd up is THAT?

• Members

Originally posted by voneville

I just got off the phone with a customer service representative with a well known company that has outsourced they're technical support to India. I have to say that the service I got was a lot better then I normally recieved before they out sourced. I'm not trying to say American's are dumbasses, but I think a lot of the ones that work at help desks are. No offense if you work at a help desk, I'm sure you're one of the smart ones.

It really depends. I've worked in call centers before. A call center that hires good communitcators and treats them well will have awesome customer service. These days, these kind of call centers are rare.

Many companies with domestic customer service actually troll the local temp agencies to get workers, and the temp agencies often aren't very selective about who they send over. You end up with a bunch of workers who simply aren't fit to work in customer facing positions. Top quality Indian workers provide better customer service than bottom barrel temp agency rejects. This is why some companies see an improvement in customer service when they offshore their call centers.

• Members
Originally posted by voneville

I did tech supp a few years back.

The "repeat customers" tended to have a problem centered between the chair and the keyboard.

But I'm sure you're the exception to that rule, huh?:rolleyes:;)

Archived