Weirdest guitar dream ever

voneville

• Members

I had a dream last night that I scored a beat to {censored} 60's fender strat that was shell pink with a maple fretboard, but it played and sounded awesome and I couldn't decide if I should re-finish it or not, because I had no interest in owning a shell pink guitar, but knew a refinish would kill the resale value. Anyone else ever have dreams like that?

• Members
Originally posted by voneville

I had a dream last night that I scored a beat to {censored} 60's fender strat that was shell pink with a maple fretboard, but it played and sounded awesome and I couldn't decide if I should re-finish it or not, because I had no interest in owning a shell pink guitar, but knew a refinish would kill the resale value. Anyone else ever have dreams like that?

Okay, here's what Freud would have said. Pink guitars are emblems of homosexuality. The fact that the guitar played so well is evidence that this life style would work for you. However, on the conscious level, you know that you could never admit this to yourself or to the world, hence the need for a makeover. How do you remain true to yourself if you will not own up to this fact? The dream doesn't offer a solution as such, but presents the dilemma in the shape of the mock problem, that a refinish is detrimental to resale value.

:wave:

• Members

Sorry, I was a little mean before. I'm sure it means nothing of the kind.
To answer your question, I have noticed that if I am busy with other things, so that I don't get to play enough during the day, I tend to dream about gear a lot at night. It's often something along the lines of walking into a music store and finding a really cool guitar, noticing the quality of the craftsmanship, tone and playability etc.

• Members

Lol, you play/think about guitars waaayyyy too much.

Okay, here's what Freud would have said. Pink guitars are emblems of homosexuality. The fact that the guitar played so well is evidence that this life style would work for you. However, on the conscious level, you know that you could never admit this to yourself or to the world, hence the need for a makeover. How do you remain true to yourself if you will not own up to this fact? The dream doesn't offer a solution as such, but presents the dilemma in the shape of the mock problem, that a refinish is detrimental to resale value.

Just lol, psychology is cool in 6th form.

• Members

I've got tears in my eyes I'm laughing so hard.

Okay, my own 6th grade fruedian interpitation of my dream: The Pink is used and abused, but still feels great. Sounds like a Vagina, and that's not gay at all!

Seriosly, I've been playing about 2 hours a day, spending about an hour online looking at guitars I want to buy, and about 1/2 an hour on this forum. So yea, guitars on the brain a lot this week. I actually did see an awesome Jazzmaster on Ebay that was Choral Pink last night before I went to bed.

Haha. This thread turned out way funnier then I thought it would. You guys rock.

• Members

I've got tears in my eyes I'm laughing so hard.

Okay, my own 6th grade fruedian interpitation of my dream: The Pink is used and abused, but still feels great. Sounds like a Vagina, and that's not gay at all!

Pink as a symbol of the vagina - that is entirely possible. :thu: But one that is "used and abused"... Dude, either you have a strange taste in women, or...how shall I put this...you are dreaming about your mother!

Sorry - but you encouraged me! :D

Archived