Another great GC story....

• Members

Originally posted by PolyFmorf

requires a registration.

Ooops - sorry. I'm cross-posting this as a 'public service'.....

So the "guitar dude" at the local GC unboxes a Historic Series SG... Tunes it up and thinks that the neck has too much relief... Get the trussrod cover off, finds the wrench and starts tightening...

and tightening...

and tightening...

plays a few licks...

and tightens...

and tightens...

and SNAP!

The top of the trussrod and acorn are snapped off in the wrench.

no wait- there's more!

The goober then pages the General Manager...

They confer and agree that Gibson sent them a {censored} guitar that was defective and couldn't be adjusted- it's going back and they're expecting a replacement...

So I ask them if they expect a big hassle...

The reply is "nah- we're Guitar Center, this happens alot- they just seem to send out a few bad ones and stuff like this happens, no big deal..."

WTF?

Yeah, I can see how Dave Rogers and the other's must have been such TERRIBLE members of the Gibson family... (sacasm)

Gibson DESERVES Guitar Center and all the headaches, er rewards that go with it.

• Members

well i'm no guitar tech, and the first time I adjusted a truss rod, without asking anyone, with my logical sense alone, I didn't turn it more than a 1/4 turn a day. It's wood dammit, you have to give it a little time to settle.

• Members

Well, I have nothing but good things to say about my GC. Like just today, they were fully prepared (and I was willing to accept) to rip me off on a trade in.

But thanks to the gods of math, they ended up giving me 40% more than I had accepted AND gave me a 25% discount on the item I traded for.

Archived