This kook thinks he's brian setzer

voneville

• Members

That's pretty darn impressive.

I wonder if holding the pick with his pointer finger is something unusual or not. That's one of my more dexterous fingers and I'm not sure I want to tie it up like that.

Thanks for the link.

• Members
Originally posted by voneville

...or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgUCs72RDHs&search=brian%20setzer

It's amazing to watch him play, makes it look stupid easy. Cool tone too.

Is that not Brian Setzer?

Looks like 'em, plays like'em, has his custom gretsche.
:confused::D

I like the fact that he is wearing a Reve. Horton Heat shirt.

:thu:

as for the pick holding, a lot of players do that when they want to
switch between finger picking and flat picking.

• Members

Originally posted by AmpegJoe

I wonder if holding the pick with his pointer finger is something unusual or not. That's one of my more dexterous fingers and I'm not sure I want to tie it up like that.

It's easier to do with a small pick, like a Dunlop Jazz III, or, like I prefer, use a thumbpick instead.

• Members
Originally posted by platpyus59

Is that not Brian Setzer?

Looks like 'em, plays like'em, has his custom gretsche.

:confused::D

Yea, that's him. I was joking, if that guy wasn't BS he'd have a huge identitiy crisis on his hand :) Like a really good elvis impersonator that thinks he's the king or something!

• Members

Crikey! he's an incredible player. Check out the Sleepwalk link. it made my jaw drop. It's truly inspirational playing.

That Dick and the Brahearts version is a lot of fun. I may have to buy it. Anyone know what album it's off?

• Members
Originally posted by go cat go

Crikey! he's an incredible player. Check out the Sleepwalk link. it made my jaw drop. It's truly inspirational playing.

That Dick and the Brahearts version is a lot of fun. I may have to buy it. Anyone know what album it's off?

That singer dude (Sasha) is a German pop heartthrob. One day he decided to record a rockabilly album with some friends. *shrug* :)

"Dick Brave and the Backbeats", album is titled "Dick This".

• Members
Originally posted by Blackbelt1

Setzer is the man. Wicked good Gretsch player. I also like Jim "Reverend Horton Heat" Heath.

:thu:

~Blackbelt

i dont understand the disctinction between him being a good player and a good gretsch player....

its not like a gretsch is any harder to play, or the only guitar that can get those tones?

• Members
Originally posted by Blakeley311

i dont understand the disctinction between him being a good player and a good gretsch player....

its not like a gretsch is any harder to play, or the only guitar that can get those tones?

No, just a figure of speech that you're reading too much into. :p Like saying SRV is a wicked good Strat player or that Jimmie Johnson is a wicked good Chevy driver.

~Blackbelt

• Members
Originally posted by Blackbelt1

No, just a figure of speech that you're reading too much into.
:p
Like saying SRV is a wicked good Strat player or that Jimmie Johnson is a wicked good Chevy driver.

~Blackbelt

yeah i figured but i thought i would ask... and it wasnt an attack so i apologize if it seemed like that

Archived