How much would you pay for this?

fenikz

• Members

Originally posted by fenikz

its funny i've heard every where from $100-$500

you gotta remember, when most people here want to get an SG, they'll look at gibsons since gibson SG's are priced reasonably. Not everyone has the same opinion (some hate SG's), so you'd probably get better deal selling it on ebay.

-edit-

like me, I'd rather save up a few extra bills and buy a used SG standard or something.

• Members

I'm sorry, but in purely financial terms I think that one is worthless or close to it. Cheap, old, bolt on copy of a set neck design.

Not saying that it's not a nice instrument, mind.

• Members
Originally posted by fenikz

its funny i've heard every where from $100-$500

The bolt on neck makes it worth well below $500. I'll stick with my "apraisal". $200. The trem may add a few more dollars but very few.

• Members

Originally posted by markas214

The bolt on neck makes it worth well below $500. I'll stick with my "apraisal". $200. The trem may add a few more dollars but very few.

So you think just because a guitar is a bolt one it makes it worth less?

• Members

see the reason im asking is because a friend(kinda) of mine is selling for 300 its plays good but then agian im comparing it to a epiphone lp special II, so i kinda wanted to knwo if i started to hate it if i could get close to my money back

• Members

Originally posted by supercow3

So you think just because a guitar is a bolt one it makes it worth less?

Naw, just because it's a bolt-on copy of a set neck design.

I'd probably say its worth about $125, though I wouldn't personally pay that for it. Since it's pretty old, make sure the frets are all good. If it needs a fret dress/level/crown/refret, that will drop the value considerably.

Archived