look what I did

jjpistols

• Members

Originally posted by jjpistols

I made that out of stuff

If you made it out of guitar stuff, impressive. If you made out of common household appliances, even more so:thu:!

Either way...looks badass! Could you list the "stuff"? If there were narcotics involved, you can take the fifth...

• Members

it was maybe a mm too wide for the pocket - a couple minutes with some sandpaper and it snugged right in - basically had to take the paint out of the pocket for it to slide in

the frets were a bit gritty (this was one of the replacement necks, Dr Parts, from the site) - several folks have commented about this on newer SJMs and now I know what they were talking about - anyway, they're are already smoother feeling after a few minutes of playing, so I reckon it'll just play itself out - the neck itself feels great, though

• Members

it was maybe a mm too wide for the pocket - a couple minutes with some sandpaper and it snugged right in - basically had to take the paint out of the pocket for it to slide in

Right on. Better than a few mm's too small.

• Members

Originally posted by Sparky6string

The MacGyver. How does she play/sound?

she plays great, went together nearly perfectly - dropped the bridge a hair and that was it - got a reasonably close intonation with the pedal tuner, will spend a bit more time on that later

haven't gotten to run her thru the big amp yet, still playing around with the little one - it's a pretty brash pup so far, it's a bit hotter than I usually go for, but still very bright - so far, I prefer the Vintage Liverpool to the Hot Nashville

• Members

the woods?!?! y'all are {censored}in' crazy, I'm no outdoorsman - that's the garden outside my door

What's with the doobage plants in the background?

• Members

Originally posted by animl

What's with the doobage plants in the background?

I'm pretty sure it's bamboo, since that {censored} overgrows the house every year, but if you'd like, I could go and take a closer look for you.

Archived