were can i get a cheap dano neck?

mr benn

• Members

Originally posted by mr benn

pete townsend had a dano neck on a tele?

did he? I don't know - he also looked at naked children, so, well, ya know? (j/k, I'm a Who fan)

You'd probably have to reposition the bridge to get it to intonate with the shorter scale, which more than likely means new pup routs and drilling new string holes thru the body

maybe some of the more recent models like the Innuendo and Hearsay had a longer scale, I don't know - they were more fendery in design, though

• Members

Originally posted by jjpistols

was it actually a legitimate playable instrument, or something cobbled together only to smash on stage?

I'm guessing he broke the original neck and just scrapped this together

I cant imagine him just building this if it couldnt be played at all (like you said in your previous post) so maybe it had a 25.5 in scale?

I thought you could enly get one from a cheap dano.....

:D

I actually like danos... The U2 is an awesome slide machine.

That pic of Townshend is way cool. Tele's with Dano necks.. kind of look like children... ok... ok... I'll stop now... Pete dammit... just say it isn't so...

One of the best solos of all time. "Pictures of Lilly"..... great tune too!!:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by hondro

I'm guessing he broke the original neck and just scrapped this together

I cant imagine him just building this if it couldnt be played at all (like you said in your previous post) so maybe it had a 25.5 in scale?

I can imagine it - they had to get something together for him to smash every single night there for awhile - it was their trademark - it didn't have to be intonatable if he was only gonna use it for one song, and more than likely playing cowboy chords for it, anyway

• Members

Originally posted by camerashake

Try subway guitars in CA. Last time I was out there, FatDawg had more dano parts than I even imagined existed.

good idea - didn't think about him - I hear he's kind of a pain to order from, though

• Members

Try subway guitars in CA. Last time I was out there, FatDawg had more dano parts than I even imagined existed.

good idea - didn't think about him - I hear he's kind of a pain to order from, though

I'm not sure about that. I've only bought from subway once, and that was in person.

He IS a bit eccentric, and maybe the last genuine hippy, but a very affable dude.

• Members

I'm not sure about that. I've only bought from subway once, and that was in person.

He IS a bit eccentric, and maybe the last genuine hippy, but a very affable dude.

yeah - I've been told it's much better to deal with him in person - just internet hearsay, mostly

I've wanted to visit there ever since I read a feature about it in a guitar mag in the early 90s

• Members

yeah - I've been told it's much better to deal with him in person - just internet hearsay, mostly

I've wanted to visit there ever since I read a feature about it in a guitar mag in the early 90s

Well he makes it pretty clear on the website that he'd rather deal in person or by phone than via email - which I can respect on some level.

A visit to Subway should be a must for any guitarist, especially those with an affinity for weird/vintage/kooky stuff. Fat Dawg is character, but an all around nice guy

Archived