Holy Smokes, you've got to see this guy

ncook

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This dude's sitting there shredding to his jam track and at first it's good but basically too much of playing scales without diversity. Don't get me wrong. It's cool, but it gets way way better is the point. This guy's speed and clean playing is awesome. Click on the first video clip....

• Members

Originally posted by warriorxtman

This dude's sitting there shredding to his jam track and at first it's good but basically too much of playing scales without diversity. Don't get me wrong. It's cool, but it gets way way better is the point. This guy's speed and clean playing is awesome. Click on the first video clip....

I'm not surprised there are alot of scales, it is an Yngwie song. ;) Anybody know how true to the original the shredding passages were. I recognized alot of the song, but I haven't heard it for quite a few years, so I can't tell if he was playing it note for note (I guess Alex could answer if he reads this)

Awesome playing by the way!

• Members

He nailed the Yngwie tune. It's note for note.

There is so much more to this guy than this one clip. I think he was just screwing around when he recorded it.

Listen to his other stuff.

I think he's a damn good player.

• Members

Originally posted by swinglinecub

Pretty lame shred stuff, I had a bigger urge to close the window than to pick up my guitar while watching that. Bob Zabek, on the other hand, is truly something special (if you're looking for shred)

You pathetic fool. You will never garner respect by attempting to {censored} on someone more capable than you and hiding behind someone who has nothing to do with you, asshole...

• Members

I'm insulting a lot of people today. I can't help it, there are so many morons posting today. ;)

Look, the people who come into a thread like this and act all smooth like, "Huh, yeah, shredding is boring and tedious..." You are very transparent. It is obvious you are very intimidated by the technical abilities of other guitarists. You aren't impressing anyone with what you say, you are merely exposing the fact that you can't play like that and are intimidated by it.

Now, I don't even like shred guitar. I don't listen to it, I don't try to play like it, and I don't even understand most of the technical stuff at work. I do, however, have a healthy ego and can appreciate different styles of music.

• Members

Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

I'm insulting a lot of people today. I can't help it, there are so many morons posting today.
;)

Look, the people who come into a thread like this and act all smooth like, "Huh, yeah, shredding is boring and tedious..." You are very transparent. It is obvious you are very intimidated by the technical abilities of other guitarists. You aren't impressing anyone with what you say, you are merely exposing the fact that you can't play like that and are intimidated by it.

Now, I don't even like shred guitar. I don't listen to it, I don't try to play like it, and I don't even understand most of the technical stuff at work. I do, however, have a healthy ego and can appreciate different styles of music.

Plus that guy is an amazing player simple as that

• Members

To appease Coloursoundkid I will start off by saying that I am quite intimidated by his abilities and could never come close to playing the same passage...

BUT...

I'm sorry, I just didn't dig that at all. Shred music - to me - has the same "cheese factor" as smooth jazz or elevator/mall tunes.

• Members

Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

I'm insulting a lot of people today. I can't help it, there are so many morons posting today.
;)

+1

Like the old saying goes, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it."

• Members

:D :D :D

you guys are funny....

i will certainly will not get into a fight here...

but why is guitar such a competitive thing between guitarists??

why do you have to bash anything on sight without a reason??

how can you be so absolute without having a freakin clue on the thing you talk about???

hmm...anyway..

some info...

if you could actually read between the lines in the description of this vid you would see the story behind this clip...

a friend of mine who is a huge Yngwie fan came by my house for a beer..but he brought a cam with him and he asked me to play this song for him so he could tape it...

i hadn't played the song for a freakin long time so it was kinda fun trying to remember some parts while playing..

anyway..it was pure fun...just for fun...so for the same reason i posted this on this very forum...(the amp one)..fun..

do i need to have a purpose certificate,granted by the pope to make a freakin vid or clip without people bashing me??

so by seeing a single clip you guys think you know everything about my playing????

interesting..i wonder if you could read my palm too...

some more info..

shred is not my thing...plain and simple...

just follow the link in my sig(yes its the same one with that vid....that meaning you could have done that already before predicting my past and future)and you will see that i'm simply into many other things...

anyway...

of course i'm not addressing this to all of you in here...the ones who deserve it know who they are...

thanks to the guy that made this thread and everyone that took time to watch it...

i'm usually around the amp forum..check that place too if you like...

or PM me if you wanna talk about anything else...

see ya,

Alex

Archived