SX Strats? Anyone got pics?

strat_predator

• Members

I'd just search it, but I can't even get stuff to show up well for SX guitars.

Anyone got pics of their SX Strats, especially ones that have been modded?

Anyone swap the bridge? How about the tuners? What have you guys used?

What bridge/tuners would fit without modification (if possible)?

Then again, after putting in mods and crap, I suppose one could get a used Fender Standard...

• Members

Here's mine:

sst57p90.jpg

A couple of days ago I put a Mighty Mite trem on it, no pics of that yet. It was almost a drop- in replacment... I had to gouge out a little bit of wood from the edge of the rout to accommodate a big brass nut that was holding the arm bushing on. Otherwise it went flawlessly and was a much- needed improvement.

Next step: new string nut, then tuners.

After that, I'd like to do a tortoiseshell pickguard and I've already got some swanky knobs coming in from GFS. :)

• Members

Originally posted by t60 fan

That's sweet. How do the pups sound?

They sound very nice. As the description on GFS's page says, "round, sweet, fat vintage Strat tone with plenty of bite." I can't describe them any better than that. Great set of pups for anyone looking for vintage tone.

• Members

Originally posted by parrothd_mark

They sound very nice. As the description on GFS's page says, "round, sweet, fat vintage Strat tone with plenty of bite." I can't describe them any better than that. Great set of pups for anyone looking for vintage tone.

Thanks for the info - I've been thinking about picking up an SST. If I am not satisfied with the stock pups its good to know $50 solves that.

• Members
Originally posted by axegrinder

Here's mine...tearing it down today to start some performance mods, a great platform to be sure SST LTD2...

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

Thanks for posting pictures of that guitar. I've been wondering what it actually looks like apart from the stock photos. I do find it funny that it says "Custom Hand Made" on the headstock. :D

• Members
Originally posted by Tweedledee

Thanks for posting pictures of that guitar. I've been wondering what it actually looks like apart from the stock photos. I do find it funny that it says "Custom Hand Made" on the headstock.
:D

yeah they all say that...I have to take an SX family photo of my tele, strat, and jazz bass copies. All "Custom Hand Made". :rolleyes:

• Members

I even PM'ed you to get info on how you did yours, if you recall
:)
?

I remember now :cool:

Your's looks good btw. I ended up giving mine away (to a friend's kid). I just couldn't get over the few niggling issues I had with the SX (uneven frets mostly) - just didn't stand up to the Squier in terms of quality.

• Members

Here's mine:

157m0l0.jpg

I swapped the stock pups out
with these.
Sound pretty nice now. Got the pickguard and all the rest of the electonics from VintageClubber, and followed the
quieting the beast
wiring instructions. It's dead quiet.

Nice lookin' guitar. How do you like those pups? I have a set of them sitting waiting to go into one of my projects...

• Members
Originally posted by Frets99

Here's a pic of mine:

sst57p90.jpg

I swiped Suspicious Mails pic... because it looks so good and ... well, mine looks like that!!
:thu:

Frets & Suspicious Mail, tell me about this one. Sound, fretwork, issues?

I don't need one but for $110 I may have to get one.

• Members

Originally posted by Edward

Nice lookin' guitar. How do you like those pups? I have a set of them sitting waiting to go into one of my projects...

I like them a lot. Perfect for me, since I like more vintage tones. YMMV, but I think you'll like them a lot as well.

Archived