I'm officialy through with eBay!

chu2

• Members

These sellers....

They have NO PATIENCE! Don't they realise that sometimes it takes a WEEK for USPS to get the mail to where they live?

And sometimes I can't make it to the Post Office on the very day I win the auction.

I don't have paypal, I know, I should.:mad:

Stupid impatient seller idiot DBMFFF's

:mad:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by chu2

These sellers....

They have NO PATIENCE! Don't they realise that sometimes it takes a WEEK for USPS to get the mail to where they live?

And sometimes I can't make it to the Post Office on the very day I win the auction.

I don't have paypal, I know, I should.

Stupid impatient seller idiot DBMFFF's

:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by guitarslinger

why didn't you just get a paypal account?

Because I legally can't have a credit/debit card because I'm under 18. Then again, technically I shouldn't even have an eBay account...:evil:

• Members

Ahh, thank God I got a chance to release my anger on the forum before sending him a really friendly message :

"Dear sir:

With the holidays, my payment may be a day late. It really isn't my fault that the US mail chooses not to run on July 4. Sorry about this whole thing.

Also, if my payment arrives late and you choose to relist the item, please be so kind as to send it back to me.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Happy July 4th.

MK"

Sometimes just being nice goes a long way, sometimes it doesnt. Right now I'm hoping the DBMFFF doesn't relist the item tomorrow, as threatened.:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Gravity

Dumb Bastard Mother F%@#ing F? F?

what are the last two F's for ?

Fart Face ?

hope it works out for you:thu:

Douche bag mother {censored}er faggety fag.

• Members

Well, this seller is officially on my "prick" list.

"yo dude,

this auction ended June 21.

the payment instructions r very clear on the auction page:

Seller's payment instructions

PLEASE READ! Please click the PAY button now! The PAY button supplies me with all your vital information that I need to ship this item to you and how you will be paying me. I prefer Paypal but also accept Money Orders. CONTACT MUST BE MADE WITHIN 3 DAYS AND PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN 7 DAYS OR ITEM WILL BE RELISTED! I ship twice a week, sometimes three. Non paying bidders, do yourself a favor, do not bid! I bite!!

dont give me this 1 day holiday no delivery crap...

if payment is not received by tomorrow the item is being relisted. end of freaking story."

I hate people with no patience.:mad:

• Members

"yo dude,

PLEASE READ! Please click the PAY button now! The PAY button supplies me with all your vital information that I need to ship this item to you and how you will be paying me. I prefer Paypal but also accept Money Orders. CONTACT MUST BE MADE WITHIN 3 DAYS AND PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN 7 DAYS OR ITEM WILL BE RELISTED! I ship twice a week, sometimes three. Non paying bidders, do yourself a favor, do not bid! I bite!!

if payment is not received by tomorrow the item is being relisted. end of freaking story."

I hate people with no patience.

Says payment must be received in 7 days, you shouldn't have bid...:cry:

• Members

I'm sure that most sellers would prefer a sure thing as opposed to having to relist an item.

My advice is to communicate with sellers on a daily basis just to let them know that you're trying to stay on top of things.

A friendly initial e-mail, sent right after you've won the auction, with something like "Hi, I'll be dropping off a check in the mail to you tomorrow and will follow up with regular e-mails to keep you in the loop" can work wonders. A message like this would probably buy you the extra day or two you need.

If you fail the send the mail on the following day, be honest. "Hey, I was unable to post my check to you today, but the envelope is ready to go and I'll get it out first thing tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay."

eBay sellers are adults, and most adults prefer honesty. My 2 cents.

• Members

Whether I'm buying or selling on eBay, I always try to contact the seller/buyer as soon as I can after the end of the auction. If I'm buying and the seller accepts PayPal, I usually pay right away. As a seller, I contact the winning bidder as soon as the auction ends and ask that payment be received within 7 days...which I don't think is all that unreasonable.

The bottom line is: if you aren't going to have the money ready to go when the auction ends, don't bid.

• Members

"yo dude,

I hate people with no patience.

He probably hates people who can't read or follow instructions.

• Members

Here are some excuses you can use next time you want to take over 10 days to pay. :rolleyes:

* I didn't know I bidded on that item

* I didn't know I won that item

* I couldn't respond, my computer was hit by lightning

* I lost my checkbook

* The payment was sent back with insufficient postage. I didn't realize stamps went up.

* My Mom/Dad/Sister/Brother/3rd Cousin/Dog/Cat is in the hospital.

* My Mom/Dad/Sister/Brother/3rd Cousin/Dog/Cat died.

* I couldn't get online due to Hurricane Katrina (yes, deadbeats are still milking this one nearly a year later).

* My wife/mom/dad kicked me out of the house.

* My psychic said that your item was cursed.

* My car was in the shop

* My kid/dog/cat/parrot bidded on the item, not me.

* I died.

• Members

"Dear sir:

With the holidays, my payment may be a day late. It really isn't my fault that the US mail chooses not to run on July 4. Sorry about this whole thing.

Also, if my payment arrives late and you choose to relist the item, please be so kind as to send it back to me.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Happy July 4th.

MK"

Sometimes just being nice goes a long way, sometimes it doesnt. Right now I'm hoping the DBMFFF doesn't relist the item tomorrow, as threatened

Yep, sometimes being nice does go a long ways. And sometimes being angry and cloaking it to look nice comes across as being a smartass. It may have seemed more sincere if you had admitted you were a couple days late sending payment in the first place instead of blaming the holiday, then challenging the seller's integrity.

• Members

Originally posted by id-man

Yep, sometimes being nice does go a long ways. And sometimes being angry and cloaking it to look nice comes across as being a smartass. It may have seemed more sincere if you had admitted you were a couple days late sending payment in the first place instead of blaming the holiday, then challenging the seller's integrity.

+1

...read my mind.

• Members

Dear Buyer,

I'm sorry, but I had to relist the item a couple days ago and your payment finally arrived today. At the moment I don't have any stamps, and I can't make it to the post office for the next few days, but I promise I will send your payment back just as soon as I have the time to do so.

If after 10 days you still haven't received your payment back, please be kind enough to email me a reminder. I'm very busy and it may slip my mind, but I will eventually get your payment mailed back to you.

Sorry for any inconvienence.

Thank you,

The Seller

P.S. - As I am paying for return postage, it will be sent Parcel Post and this may add a few addtional days to its transit time.

:D

• Members

Originally posted by bgmacaw

Here are some excuses you can use next time you want to take over 10 days to pay.
:rolleyes:

* I couldn't get online due to Hurricane Katrina (yes, deadbeats are still milking this one nearly a year later).

* My psychic said that your item was cursed.

* My car was in the shop

* My kid/dog/cat/parrot bidded on the item, not me.

* I died.

It's threads like this one, and poignant replies like the one above, that will keep me coming back to this forum for a long time! :thu:

• Members

I've had to pay for eBay stuff with a money order on occasion.

In those cases, I tell the seller first that I'll be sending a money order, and then drag my ass down to the post office the next business day and send it Express Mail - then email the seller the tracking number.

The flat-rate envelope is like $14 - more than a stamp, sure, but I don't end up with pissed off sellers, and having the tracking number, delivery confirmation, and insurance is a nice touch for me, too.

Archived