Calling all Carvin players...I need some advice!

tlchase68

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmm (sarcastically), I sense a little tension here!

Regardless, I appreciate all of your experiences and reviews (good/bad, fair/unfair, +/-, etc.)...I take everything into consideration when buying gear! Unfortunately, the negatives are a part (sometimes an important part) of the business world...No single company is going to satisfy every customer! I have learned to take the negatives with a grain of salt...{censored} happens! That being said, it sucks when you spend hours researching a product and/or company, select a piece of gear based on your desired specs, make the commitment to buy...Then get burned! Best case scenario, the company makes good on the refund and you are only out the time you have invested in the project...It's still frustrating though!

:mad:

At any rate, most of the replies I've seen in the various Carvin threads have been favorable endorsements...I'm definitely more informed and feel better about making this decision!

I'll keep you posted!

:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by jjpistols

but what do I know? I just bought this:

a8_1.jpg

LOL - pretty interesting.

I've had a Carvin for about 20 years, a DC150 (well, I always thought it was a DC150, but I saw a pic somewhere recently that was a DC160 that had the same specs basically). Anyway, it's a great guitar, even though it's been replaced by my strat as my #1.

I used to live in LA (through the 90s) and frequented their stores, and I've played a ton of their other models. My overall impression is very positive, and I'd buy from them again.

But I agree with JJ and others that those seeking opinions on a brand should hear the positives as well as the negatives. Why not? Carvin is just like any other company big or small - there are supporters and cynics. As long as the post is instructive and goes beyond "Carvin sux" or "Carvins have no mojo" useless BS, they serve a purpose.

Archived