Ever have uneven pickup height from left to right?

Thenabi

• Members

Would having a pickup that was closer to the strings on one side (ie closer on the "e" side and farther on the "E" side) result in horrible nastiness or has anyone seen this? If it didn't sound like {censored}, then would it be possible that the lower strings would have more bass and the higher ones more distortion?

thanks!

• Members

I do this on my own guitar. My high E string lacks the volume of the other strings so I increased the height of my pickups on that side. I need to have my guitar professionally setup, it's got a lot of issues which I can't seem to correct.

• Members

It's standard for the pickups to be closer to the strings on the treble side than on the bass side. Generally, if your pickups are completely flat, the treble strings won't generate as much volume going into the amp and won't sound as distorted as the bass strings.

• Members
Originally posted by Thenabi

Would having a pickup that was closer to the strings on one side (ie closer on the "e" side and farther on the "E" side) result in horrible nastiness or has anyone seen this? If it didn't sound like shit, then would it be possible that the lower strings would have more bass and the higher ones more distortion?

thanks!

:freak: :freak: Sure. Set your pickup height for tone,not looks.

• Members

I never really noticed if it was uneven.

I set my amp for clean ans strum as I normally would and switch back and for between pickups...I adjust the height accordingly so that I have an even volume transition between p/u's while making sure the sound isn't farting out (i.e.: pu's, too close to strings.

play it by ear and run with it.

Archived