Chuck Berry and Keith Richards argue old video clip

aerorockjax

• Members

Originally posted by jerry_picker

Who ever said that he even says "Hi!" to the band?

:confused:

When I was about 17, I had this surreal experience.

I was staying at a friends MANSION in the suburbs of D.C. and his older sister and her boyfriend came to visit.

The boyfriend looked like a total junkie, but he was a nice guy, and my buddies and I were talking to him. We soon found out he was a bass player. He then dropped that he'd played with Chuck Berry.

My friends and I, who were very savvy as to what was cool and what was not - even at 17, freaked out! "Wow, you played for Chuck Berry!? What was that like??"

He just kinda smiled, happy that we got excited about his career, and said, very candidly and sincerely...

"Yes, Mr. Berry. No, Mr. Berry."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by jerry_picker

Who ever said that he even says "Hi!" to the band?

:confused:

In the movie they show him playing an outdoor gig (in Columbus, maybe?) and he actually shakes hands with the guys in the band. Maybe that was just for the cameras. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Boogie-Woogie

actually,

johnny depp acts like keith in pirates of the caribean!!!!

Depp says that he modeled Jack's character & mannerisms on a combination of Keith & a drag queen. Keith has agreed to play Capt. Jack's father in the next Pirates movie. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by santos

In the movie they show him playing an outdoor gig (in Columbus, maybe?) and he actually shakes hands with the guys in the band. Maybe that was just for the cameras.
:)

When I saw him at a blues festival in Iowa over the 4th, ol' Chuck didn't even make eye contact with the band. CB's intros were unrecognizable for key or meter...how those guys were able to jump in was beyond me.

• Members

Originally posted by Gorath

I read that after the incident in which Chuck Berry punched Keef in the face for saying hello, Chuck later apologised....

....to Ronnie Wood, thinking he was Keef. HAhahhahah!

Of course, at the time Ronnie also thought he was Keef. :freak:

Archived