I hate trems!

timmy210

• Members

Its official, I hate my strat copies trem. I just bought new strings and I guess I didnt realize that I had a lighter gauge on the guitar before and now I restring my guitar and the bridge is out of the {censored}ing body. I'm so pissed cause its my only working guitar and now trying to mess with the trem and getting it back in I'm sure has {censored}ed it up even more. I {censored}ing hate trems, string thru and tune-o-matic guitars for me for now on :mad:. Oh yeah, {censored} sperzels too, I cant fit my D'addario through the {censored}ing holes. Today's been such a crappy day for me now, the wires on my agiles input jack somehow managed to come off the solder points, my strings wouldnt go thru the stupid sperzels, and now this :mad::(.

• Members

Well mines so far out of the body that my guitar wont even tune up properly and I just broke a string trying to tune it. So my guess is that obviously something is wrong.

Edit: My other guitars are just in {censored}ty condition. My floyd equipped guitar is {censored}ed because my dad {censored}ed with it thinking he knew what he was doing. My Agile is messed up because somehow the input jack wires came off the input jack, and besides the fact the guitar frets out on a couple of frets in the higher registers. My LTD is messed up cause it needs a good setup and it gets a really loud squeal when I turn towards my amp. And now my ibanez which has always been messed up every since my sister was pissed at my and {censored}ed with it, is even more messed up. I'm havin a {censored}ty day :(.

• Members

that will happen to any fulcrum trem copy or original. when you don't want to mess with your set-up when changing strings, make sure you use the same gauge and change one string at a time unless you want to clean your fretboard.

its not the guitar, its you.

• Members

I can't believe people do not know how to set up trems..Thats one of the first things i learned when i was 13.The tension is making the trem pull towards the neck, it's not hard or even slightly complicated to tighten the adjustment screws to move the trem to its proper place for the guage strings you are putting on...but yeah, if three screws are too complicated for you to figure out that you are breaking strings maybe it's best if you stay away from guitars with trems.:freak:

Timmy, if you need some help on that floyd PM me.

• Members

Well this isnt a high quality guitar so it didnt come with extra trem springs, and I dont know much about trems in the first place so I didnt know having extra springs would help. And how cant you believe people dont know how to set up trems EdgeofDarkness? If you've never touched the trem before I can see how you wouldnt know what to do. Plus this is the first time I've ever broken a string on a guitar, tunning up none the less. And thanks for the offer for the help with the floyd EdgeofDarkness, but this thing needs nothing less than a professional setup. By dad actually took apart the floyd and pulled it OUT of the body, he figured since he's worked on everything from boats to cars to computers he could figure out a floyd rose. Guess not :freak:

• Members
Originally posted by timmy210

Well this isnt a high quality guitar so it didnt come with extra trem springs, and I dont know much about trems in the first place so I didnt know having extra springs would help. And how cant you believe people dont know how to set up trems EdgeofDarkness? If you've never touched the trem before I can see how you wouldnt know what to do. Plus this is the first time I've ever broken a string on a guitar, tunning up none the less. And thanks for the offer for the help with the floyd EdgeofDarkness, but this thing needs nothing less than a professional setup. By dad actually took apart the floyd and pulled it OUT of the body, he figured since he's worked on everything from boats to cars to computers he could figure out a floyd rose. Guess not
:freak:

You should be able to get a couple springs at a good guitar store. Or you can order them online and have 'em in a couple of days.

You can also tighten the claw, but you'll have to go a pretty good way. If its all the way out you probably want to add at least one spring.

With it pulled against the body it will be like you don't have a trem, and later if you want to you can redo it so the trem works again.

As an asside, you may find with the new strings you need to adjust quite a few other things. Definitely the intonation - maybe the truss rod. You might want to consider a pro setup if you can afford it.

YOu should go to www.fender.com, look under support, and there is a document that tells you step-by-step how to set up a Strat, with measurements and everything. You should go get that and have a read. In the long run you should learn how to set up your own guitar the way you like it.

• Members
Originally posted by timmy210

Its official, I hate my strat copies trem. I just bought new strings and I guess I didnt realize that I had a lighter gauge on the guitar before and now I restring my guitar and the bridge is out of the {censored}ing body. I'm so pissed cause its my only working guitar and now trying to mess with the trem and getting it back in I'm sure has {censored}ed it up even more. I {censored}ing hate trems, string thru and tune-o-matic guitars for me for now on
:mad:
. Oh yeah, {censored} sperzels too, I cant fit my D'addario through the {censored}ing holes. Today's been such a crappy day for me now, the wires on my agiles input jack somehow managed to come off the solder points, my strings wouldnt go thru the stupid sperzels, and now this
:mad::(

Sorry you're having a tough day but look on the bright side...good thing you're not my son. My boy would have gigantic bar of soap hanging out of his mouth right about now.

:freak:

~Blackbelt

Archived