After all these years, I am now a strat guy.....

Alchemist

• Members

Originally posted by cincy_cosmo

Close to my rig! 'cept I use keyboard amps with the GT-8.

Do you use the GT8 as a modeller? I use it as an effects processor and completely bypass the amp and speaker sim in all my patches.

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist

Do you use the GT8 as a modeller? I use it as an effects processor and completely bypass the amp and speaker sim in all my patches.

I do use the amp and speaker sims. That and my keyboard, drum machine and bass led me to keyboard amps. I think you are wise in keeping the sims OFF when plugged into a guitar amp, but they work pretty well in a keyboard amp.

• Members

I do use the amp and speaker sims. That and my keyboard, drum machine and bass led me to keyboard amps. I think you are wise in keeping the sims OFF when plugged into a guitar amp, but they work pretty well in a keyboard amp.

The GT8 has those variable outs and I think they work really well, much better than on standard modelers which have just one type of out. I've run it through my bass amp with speaker sims and it gives its own cool tones.

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist

The GT8 has those variable outs and I think they work really well, much better than on standard modelers which have just one type of out. I've run it through my bass amp with speaker sims and it gives its own cool tones.

Before there were real keyboard amps, lots of people ran keyboards (and acoustic guitars) through bass amps. They are close to full range amps (but...uh...bassy). It should be reasonable to run a modeler through one and get decent results.

• Members

Before there were real keyboard amps, lots of people ran keyboards (and acoustic guitars) through bass amps. They are close to full range amps (but...uh...bassy). It should be reasonable to run a modeler through one and get decent results.

Have you ever played one through a JC-120? It seems that it was designed with that amp in mind. I'd love to have one just for running the modeler.

Archived