Fernandes Guitars

richardson

• Members

Incase you didn't already know - we have a forum set up that is in desperate need for more members!

If you have ANY kind of interest in Fernandes Guitars, the Sustainer, or even Burny Guitars come over and join! We've got some big updates coming up, so please tell your friends, cousins, whatever! :)

www.fernandesforums.com

This has been posted in a few other sections as well, please feel free to pass on the info!

Take care everyone,

Ian

:thu:

• Members

I think the only cool Fernandes guitars were the Revolver Series back in the late 80's. Specifically the neck thru body model that Craig Goldy from Dio was endorsing back then. IIRC it was the FR-120 or something. I think if Fernandes was putting out stuff like that now they'd be more of a player in the world of Ibanez, Schecter, ESP, Jackson etc.

That said I have a FR-65 which is like the above neck through only a bolt on version and a Hum/Sing config and I would never part with that guitar.

Is Fernandes still based in Japan or have they as well moved manufacturing to Korea or China?

• Members

fernsaxon.jpg

This is also the era of Fernandes at their peak. A guitar l;ike this would be a guitar to hold onto as far as quality craftsmanship and playability. None of the Revolvers now can even compare.

Interesting to note in advertising, sometimes like here we see the endorser using a guitar that is clearly different than the one he is associated with. THe guitar he has is more like a strat body, where this is more like a soloist body. You saw the same stuff like that in Jackson/Charvel catalogs in the late 80's/early 90's.

Archived