Help! My guitar won't intonate!!!

apostrophe

• Members
Originally posted by apostrophe

I feel like such a dumbass!

But live and learn I suppose....I've never done this before! It's just going to be embarrassing when I go in there and explain why the PU is pratically inside the body of the guitar!

:(

They will have seen worse. Do not "fret" (LOL...bad pun). :freak:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok, I got the PU back in and all is well! But here's something strange...

Last night I put a straight edge on the fret board and there was a serious dip in the middle. The frets on the far left and right of the straight edge were touching the straight edge but none of the other frets were!

Just now I checked it again and it's dead on straight! WTF?!

SO I started the intonation process....and it's actually working this time and then BAM! My G string breaks!

:mad:

• Members

Originally posted by LaXu

What brand strings are you using? I've had DR strings where one string could not be intonated no matter what. On the guitar I had to actually take the saddle (it was a Wilkinson VS100 so the saddle could be lifted out of its groove and placed further on the trem plate) and move it WAY forward to get intonation working. When I replaced the string I returned the saddle to where it belongs and had no intonation problems.

Same thing was happening with my epi elite LP and the DR tite fits. The pure nickels were fine on my peavey strat but something with the LP I never got it perfectly intonated. I put a set of D'Add's on there and it was near perfect from the start.

I still love the DR's on my basses :)

• Members
Originally posted by apostrophe

Ok, I got the PU back in and all is well! But here's something strange...

Last night I put a straight edge on the fret board and there was a serious dip in the middle. The frets on the far left and right of the straight edge were touching the straight edge but none of the other frets were!

Just now I checked it again and it's dead on straight! WTF?!

SO I started the intonation process....and it's actually working this time and then BAM! My G string breaks!

:mad:

Hold da phone! :wave:

Start at the beginning, and do a step by step, by the book set-up:
http://fender.com/support/setup/othersetup.php

• Members

But I'm still going in to this blind.

It's like asking a French chef to cook you up some homemade Manicotti. Sure he can do it....but it won't be as killer as the Italian chef Giovanni down the street!

My biggest problem is time! By the time I come home from work it's 6pm and then dinner, clean up and a little TV and it's time for damn bed! Then on the weekend it's re-caulking the bathroom, shopping for a sofa, repotting the plants, cleaning the yard, working in the garage.....sheesh!

:(

What do you guys think about my neck suddenly getting straight and in the intonation actually working now? How the hell did the neck go straight over night?!

Archived