• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who Knows - Band Of Gypsies
Voodoo Child (slight Return ) - Electric Ladyland
If 6 was 9 - Axis Bold As Love
Remember - Are You Experienced?
Are You Experienced? - Are You Experienced?
Power Of Soul - South Saturn Delta
Hey Baby(New Rising Sun) - 1st Rays Of The New Rising Sun
Gloria - The Jimi Hendrix Experience Box Set

• Members
Originally posted by Jimi Ray Halen

Manic Depression Bitches

May This Be Love (bitches)

Little Wing Bitches

Red House Bitches

Purple Haze Bitches

The Burning of the Midnight Lamp Bitches

Gypsy Eyes Bitches

Angel Bitches

Ezy Rider Bitches

Machine Gun Bitches

If 6 Was 9 Bitches

Love or Confusion Bitches

Third Stone Bitches

And everything else he ever did bitches.

:cool:

Dang! You like the same song I do!?

:love:

• Members
Originally posted by jerry_picker

It is actually a very contrived rationalization on my part to keep the poor grammar from irritating me in an otherwise nearly perfect song.
:D

No problem, always bothered me that I couldn't fully enjoy the song, any excuse will do. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by Sir_Les

No one got any love for the Band of Gypsys album (apart from Machine Gun)? That's some of Jimi's best playing on there...... He covers so many styles of music as well. The intro to Power of Soul is my favourite Jimi moment, pure genius!

That is one of the most powerful and flawless mind-blowing intros I have ever heard. Those one and two step bends are brilliant and flawlessly executed.

I remember seeing Billy Cox talk about the formation of that song. Jimi would hit a riff, then Billy would come back with one, then they'd get stuck, and then Jimi would go "how about this?"-- I love those stories.

Also, no one has mentioned another one of my favorites, and rarely talked about (McCready from Pearl Jam covered it)-- "Hey Baby-- Land of the New Rising Sun". He played that a lot towards the end. The Berkley version is amazing. Hell, I even like the Rainbow Bridge version!

So much to love!

PaulS

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

One of my all-time favorites is one of his least known. Tax Free (he didn't write it) is incredible the way the tempo and intensity builds and builds, climaxes and then smoothly slides back into the original tempo. Its a must-hear.

It originally appeared on the post-death War Heroes album which has a lot of other good tunes also. Now it is on "South Saturn Delta."

• Members
Originally posted by jerry_picker

It is actually a very contrived rationalization on my part to keep the poor grammar from irritating me in an otherwise nearly perfect song.
:D

That's poetry for ya dude, you gotta let it go;)

Castles Made of Sand also gets my vote. It is everything Jimi was.

Dolly Dagger is also a great song, but in keeping with the Dylan connection I always compare it to Positively Fourth Street. Hendrix was just too good natured to bust on someone without getting cartoonish. Dylan, on the other hand, goes for the throat.

Archived