Verbzilla vs. Digiverb vs. Holy Grail Reverb

burton4snow

• Members

I've not tried the others, but I have a digiverb on my pedalboard, and I like it. No, it's not perfect - you won't mistake it for a great Fender reverb - but it sounds really good (good enough for me), and there's a lot of versatility there.

• Members

No experience with Verbzilla.

Holy Grail is the best choice if you are looking for a spring-type reverb.

The Digiverb is more verastile, it also has a very usable spring-type reverb setting, which is good, but not as good as that of the Holy Grail.

• Members

I recently bought the Digiverb. I haven't completely assessed it yet. Right now I'm just using it to spice up my Pathfinder 15.

I'd say it's good. It's no particular bargain at its price. I don't think it is as natural sounding as some others I have.

I was very tempted to get the EH Holy Grail, but in reading reviews in user areas and on websites I noticed a common thread of complaints about noise with that unit. But I also notice a lot of compliments regarding its natural tone. The Digitech is kinda cool in that it also adds "church" which is surpringly nice. I like it better than the normal "hall" or "room" verbs. I usually use "plate" or "spring".

The best reverb I have is in an old Peavey Profex rack unit. Most of the distortion effects in that unit aren't worthwhile, but the spring reverb is very realistic.

• Moderators

I have owned a Holy Grail, currently own a Digiverb, and have fooled around with the Verbzilla.

I think the Holy Grail is really nice but at anything more that a subtle amount of reverb it makes your signal quieter. Annoying. The Verbzilla is fun but kinda "fussy". I really love my Digiverb- it's VERY versitaile and the sound quality is excellent. The spring reverb simulation is really cool.

Archived