HCEG Jam#3

Alchemist

• Members
Originally posted by Frets99

Simply beautiful Prages! That's the beautiful WCM tone!!
:thu:

What exactly is WCM tone? Really, I'm at a loss.

It's my orange Floyd Rose Warmoth Strat, using the middle and neck pickups (SD APSII), into the Bad Monkey, into the clean channel of my Classic 30, mic'd with an SM57 and some reverb and compression added using plugins.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Prages

What exactly is WCM tone? Really, I'm at a loss.

It's my orange Floyd Rose Warmoth Strat, using the middle and neck pickups (SD APSII), into the Bad Monkey, into the clean channel of my Classic 30, mic'd with an SM57 and some reverb and compression added using plugins.

LOL: Wind Cries Mary!:D

• Members

Good job Rude. Did you know the chords to this one before? That was the way to go. I like the 60's sounding fuzz tone!! Nice playing!

Thanks Frets. I thought it needed a little Uni-Vibe & Octave Fuzz. :cool:

I knew the first couple bars before, but this was the first time I'd ever tried to play the whole song. I guess my ear's getting a little better though because it didn't take too long to pick out the chords.

• Members

I just listened to the other versions. :eek:

Frets; you snuck some twang in on that one. That sounded awesome. I love seeing the different twist everyone puts on the tracks.

Prages; like Frets said, killer tone! And there's some tasty licks too. Mmm...

Kevman; thanks for sharing. That sounded good. :thu:

Alchemist, I'm not too particular about what tracks you throw out. I'm more comfortable with blues, but I like the challenge of trying to play something outside of my comfort zone. (Last week was a little rough though.) :freak::D

• Members

Frets and RudeMood,

Any chance you could upload these things in the future to a site that'll let you download instead of streaming (or am I missing the download option?) I'm on dialup at home, but I like to break the rules and download the stuff from work and put it on my mp3 player to listen to at home.

Just wondering because it takes me an hour to get through a streaming song at 32 kbps. :mad:

• Members

Here's a yousendit link to download it.

Yousendit link

I also updated it because I felt it sounded a lil muddy and sloppy.... yes... I'm also a music critic!!
:D

Maybe the wind sheds a tear or two

Well, www.yousendit.com is firewalled at work, but I'll download it from home tonight. I don't mind downloading stuff at home because after it's downloaded I can listen to whenever I want. It's the streaming stuff that bugs me.

Thanks. :thu:

Welcome back Liam! Hope you had a great time. Great take on the tune! Reminds me that there are many ways to interpret this old favorite!

I find it's an interesting song in that you get into a nice easy groove and then the ground shifts a little.

Don' know if there are any Johnny A fans out there but he does a sweet version of this song!:thu:

• Members

Man you guys are good. Been listening to all the takes and I'm astonished at the beautiful {censored} you guys came up with.

I for myself was basically stumped. I love Hendrix to no end, and didn't really feel that I should be {censored}ing with such a beautiful song with such unbeautiful skills. I know that this is supposed to be a wankfest but I played a straight cover of the tune........and went a step further in the total kiling of this song by singing.

Be kind I am not much of a singer, and I did not take as much time as I usually do when I attempt singing....so like I said, please be kind.

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=22171

• Members
Originally posted by hollowbox

Man you guys are good. Been listening to all the takes and I'm astonished at the beautiful {censored} you guys came up with.

I for myself was basically stumped. I love Hendrix to no end, and didn't really feel that I should be {censored}ing with such a beautiful song with such unbeautiful skills. I know that this is supposed to be a wankfest but I played a straight cover of the tune........and went a step further in the total kiling of this song by singing.

Be kind I am not much of a singer, and I did not take as much time as I usually do when I attempt singing....so like I said, please be kind.

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=22171

Man I think you did a great job:thu: Nothin wrong with the singing either, funny song title though:D Seriously, great job all around:)

Just wait until I butcher it this weekend!:D

Everyone has done a great job so far:)

• Members
Originally posted by Alchemist

Man I think you did a great job:thu: Nothin wrong with the singing either, funny song title though:D Seriously, great job all around:)

Just wait until I butcher it this weekend!

Everyone has done a great job so far:)

Your very kind :D

Can't wait to hear what you come up with. Most of the guys who have gone so far are "Hendrix type" players (If you know what I mean). It will be interesting to see how you mesh your style with Hendrix.....I'm sure it will be quality stuff :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by hollowbox

Your very kind

Can't wait to hear what you come up with. Most of the guys who have gone so far are "Hendrix type" players (If you know what I mean). It will be interesting to see how you mesh your style with Hendrix.....I'm sure it will be quality stuff

Thats right... build me up so I look worse when I f#$k it up:D JK

I was never a Hendrix player, though I always appreciated him. I grew up playing mostly SRV and Marino who were hendrix players, but one went with more blues, the other with a bit of fusion. So its going to be a bit of a challenge for me.... again you guys did this so well, especialy you with your cover that I dont want just another repeat... so I gotta think of something somewhat unique.
:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by bgmacaw

That's where I'm at. I've recorded some stuff but it's way to clammy and incomplete to post.

Yeah, it's been a tough one. Having such a strong 'memory' (maybe not the way to put it?) of how Hendrix did it is making it tough to not sound like a bad cover version...

The attempts I made got deleted AND cycled out of the recycle bin!

Larry

Archived