Pro Tools With Windows 7.. Good Bad???

• Members

I am currently running xp still, but in the process am only utilizing half of my RAM... I have 6 GB RAM but xp can only use 3.

I have a lot of problems with vista, but I am really liking windows 7. Would you recommend to upgrade or should I wait a bit first ?

I'm still running Win XP SP3 with PT HD 8.0.3 cs2. I am planning on continuing to stick with Win XP until Avid officially releases a non-beta version of PT 8 and says it's officially "supported" to run on Windows 7.

Right now, they say you can run 8.0.3 under Win 7, but it's a "public beta" - I wouldn't recommend you "rely" on it, although it may (or may not) work fine for you, depending on your requirements, computer system, the demands you place on it and the particular types of tasks you normally do, etc.

• Members

I run PT 7.4 in a dual boot setup. My main setup runs under Windows 7 64 bit because it is a great operating system but Ive been forced by Avids lack of support to create a dual boot setup so I have to boot into XP to use Pro Tools. There was no way I was going to fork out $150 to 'upgrade' to beta support for Win 7 64.

Archived