You ever feel sorry for a band?

cincy_cosmo

• Members

I went past our local Harley Davidson dealer who was having a parking lot sized party. They had a good sized stage setup at the back of the building. The band was playing, the guitarist was soloing etc etc. The only thing wrong with the picture was:

There were more people milling about on the other side of the building than in eye shot of the stage. The band looked lonely. The sound folks had the PA running a gazzillion decibals, so maybe people were seeking refuge.

But the band had to feel like they had audience-repellent on.

Any other times you felt sorry for a band?

• Members

A band in those cases is basically a jukebox, so no -- I wouldn't feel bad for the band.. they are still getting payed to do hopefully what they love, right?

The same way I play for 3-4 hours in the restaurant/bar and no one claps... Just not approriate.... when I walk away from the mic for a while and people come up to me saying they really enjoy what I am doing (and buy me a beer!) that is all I need.... I am just a live Ipod!

• Members

Originally posted by FUBTAG

A band in those cases is basically a jukebox, so no -- I wouldn't feel bad for the band.. they are still getting payed to do hopefully what they love, right?

The same way I play for 3-4 hours in the restaurant/bar and no one claps... Just not approriate.... when I walk away from the mic for a while and people come up to me saying they really enjoy what I am doing (and buy me a beer!) that is all I need.... I am just a live Ipod!

You ever look around the audience and find the ONE person who's digging what you do? Sometimes they're not there, but sometimes they are. I just play for them. :cool:

Archived