Grouping Vocals

• Members

Hi All,

I hope I've come to the right site to get real user probs answered. Here goes I've got vocals laid on a track, but I seem to have inadvertently grouped them. How do I go about ungrouping my vocals and having the s button back to being grey. It currently has a red diagonal line across it, and when I click on it it goes yellow. I'm using Logic 9

Thanks all in advance

• Moderators

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Tell a man how to ungroup and you've ungrouped his vocals. Teach a man to use the index in the Logic manual and you helped him solve all his Logic issues going forward.

Now, I don't fish in those waters so I can't answer your question anyway, but my suggestion would be to go to the Logic .pdf manual and look for Grouping. Or Group. Or Ungroup. And go from there.

The answer lies within Kemosabe

• Members

Lee Knight, words, words, words, but none of them helped me to sort out the problem. Logic 9's pdf answer to delete Groups is just wrong. I went to an Apple Store and they gave me the wrong answer too. Neways, I found solution and it was beyond easy.

Thanks for nothing dude

• Moderators

I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to be mean. I'm sure it didn't feel that way so I apologize for using you to make a point. Not very nice of me.

But my point is, if ungrouping is proving to be a problem, one I've certainly grappled with in every new DAW I've learned, then you're in for a real ride if you don't learn to access answers readily via you manual.

You didn't mention if you'd tried that avenue, so really, I did take your concern to heart. You need to be able to access answers with the stuff. Manual first. I'm glad you found what you needed.

And sorry for my misguided attempt at helping.

Archived