WOW! I just played a Strat for the first time ever!

apostrophe

• Members

I was at the Sam Ash. It was a Strat with natural clear coat finish and a white pickguard. Looked like a giant piece of wood with strings on it! :)

It was going for $699.

Took me a minute to get used to the neck/fret board. Is the fretboard rounded or did it just seem that way?

Amazing freakin' tones and a very, very easy player!

I may have to re-think Strats....which I avoided for so long. I never liked the looks of them but damn, the wood was so sweet and the fretboard had a really nice looking grain!

Incredible quality for $699 if you ask me!

:D

• Members

Yes... hear the call of the strat... feel its smooth sexy curves... giggle like a schoolgirl at the quacktones... caress the easy- playing neck... ignore the hum... the strat calls to you, you must do its bidding... soon you will be in its thrall. :evil:

Yeah, strats are awesome! And if you think it's nice now, wait 'til you find out how easy it is to mod. :D

• Members

I've been playing for about 25yrs. I've owned lots of guitars, including 2 Strats which I quickly sold. For some reason I've just never been that thrilled with them. I'm thinking of trying one again and may be borrowing a friends for a while so who knows, maybe I'll stick with it this time.

• Members

Jump on in and enjoy the ride. I have always loved Strats but never really owned them. I had a nice black one and sold it and just recently got back into them . They are great guitars and I really don't think I will ever not have at least one in my collection.

• Members

Originally posted by jds22

I've been playing for about 25yrs. I've owned lots of guitars, including 2 Strats which I quickly sold. For some reason I've just never been that thrilled with them. I'm thinking of trying one again and may be borrowing a friends for a while so who knows, maybe I'll stick with it this time.

I've been playing about 18 years and for 15 of them all I ever owned were two strats.

I sold 'em a couple years back and have been checking out the other stuff because after all that time I got itchy feet. I'm probably going to get another one sooner or later though...

• Members

I greatly admire (good) Strats but I'm the type of person that gets very tired of seeing something that EVERYONE and their cousin has, same for the obvious Les Paul. After all these decades of rock, Strats have been HUGE the entire time, the era doesn't matter, even in the Shred '80s. If I could only have one guitar, it would be a Strat, but fortunately I can have many, so I don't have to.

That said, there's a reason why they have always been in demand. I do need to pick up a Strat I guess, I've never owned one in 16 years of playing.

Also, if you haven't played a Tele------DO IT!!! :idea::thu:

• Members

Originally posted by jds22

agreed. i played strats for a few years in the beginning, but then i borrowed a friend's les paul for a gig, and the rest is history. haven't looked back. i think one day i'll give one another try.

• Members
Originally posted by Hunter6

For those that want something cosmetically different than a strat, but still want Strat tone, check out these cool guitars by Stagg:

12280.jpg

Wow!! I've been thinking of building a Warmoth JM with this exact combination. Now seeing it, I think I will have. Probably around X-mas time. I have way too many projects going on right now.

Archived