Post your favorite Youtube Vids! (preferably guitar related.)

flatfacerincone

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by evlttwin

Beautiful virtuoso playing with a nice little fretburning solo at the end.

I don't understand why this guy feels the need to play with a KFC bucket on his head? He's a good player,he doesn't need a gimmick. To me gimmicks are for people who can't play or don't have confidence in their abilities.

• Members

Originally posted by laker2

I don't understand why this guy feels the need to play with a KFC bucket on his head? He's a good player,he doesn't need a gimmick. To me gimmicks are for people who can't play or don't have confidence in their abilities.

Perhaps the sad reality is that there actually ARE so many virtuoso-level guitarists coming out of the Berklee and other conservatories that commercially successful touring guitarist-personalities actually need a hook to stay noticed: Buckethead's bucket and makeup, Yngwie's "doughnut maestro" lacy sleeves, Eddie's brown stubby teeth...

• Members

Wrong! Dead wrong!

It's very simple. He's a showman in the entertainment industry. Broaden your perspective. Music is about a hell of a lot more than just playing pretty notes on a fretboard. Consider ZZ Top, Kiss, Bowie and a million others. It's hard to make a living in this industry just playing for musicians. And anyway, what's wrong with entertainment?

• Members

Originally posted by etvetv2001

Wrong! Dead wrong!

It's very simple. He's a showman in the entertainment industry. Broaden your perspective. Music is about a hell of a lot more than just playing pretty notes on a fretboard. Consider ZZ Top, Kiss, Bowie and a million others. It's hard to make a living in this industry just playing for musicians. And anyway, what's wrong with entertainment?

You have a point.

Anyone who uses ANY certain clothing, mannerisms, way of lighting, guitar-as-statement beyond mere instrument, prop, etc., is using showmanship.

I'd guess that any of us who gig do this to some extent.

Even our on-stage personalities are often "put on", at least a bit, all for the sake of the show. The smell of the greasepaint, the roar of the crowd.

Nobody goes on naked (and if they do, that's a gimmick, too).

• Members

I use to actually think the dude was crazy, and actually was raised in a chickencoop, ect, but one of my former coworkers actually met the Bucketman. Hes actually related to him somehow through his step-sisters' cousins' brother in laws dogs' pet parakeet, something extremely convoluted and whatnot. :freak:

Anyway, my buddy Uri plays keys, and got to jam with the guy (without the bucket,). He says hes an incredibly down to earth guy and an absolutely AMAZING guitarist. Other than being ridiculously tall, Uri said he was totally normal.

It just makes you wonder whats up with the bucket... I mean, hes obviously got enough talent to make it on his own. To each his own i suppose.

• Members
Originally posted by flatfacerincone

I use to actually think the dude was crazy, and actually was raised in a chickencoop, ect, but one of my former coworkers actually met the Bucketman. Hes actually related to him somehow through his step-sisters' cousins' brother in laws dogs' pet parakeet, something extremely convoluted and whatnot.
:freak:

Anyway, my buddy Uri plays keys, and got to jam with the guy (without the bucket,). He says hes an incredibly down to earth guy and an absolutely AMAZING guitarist. Other than being ridiculously tall, Uri said he was totally normal.

It just makes you wonder whats up with the bucket... I mean, hes obviously got enough talent to make it on his own. To each his own i suppose.

No one who is that talented who wears Kabuki makeup on stage is "normal". Sorry, but no... way...

Archived