Takeuchi TRS-101 floyd rose

morder

• Members

Originally posted by morder

Looking at the japanese jackson site I found that all the guitars which has the jp580 trem in Europe and the US, has the Takeuchi TRS-101 in japan..

Here's an interesting thread I found while googling:

http://www.ibanezcollectors.com/discus/messages/6484/6629.html

The RG470 had three different tremolo's over the years and each has a different rout and stud style. I would guess you have the later one that has the LO-TRS on it, Actually this is a Japanese bridge that is not a bad bridge, the Korean one the Lo-TRSII is the one people don't like.

The TRS is the Takeuchi TRS-101. This was not used on any models that came into the USA except for the 1997-1998 RG340 that was made at Peerless factory in Pusan Korea.(Peerless is actually a sub branch of IIda Gakki in Japan)

Takeuchi makes the Lo-TRS also for Ibanez. Actually they are very well made. I did a rockwell test on it and it is just as hard as a Schaller Floyd, Takeuchi has a secret way of hardening the plates, I went there but they would not show me the system, It is sort of like the Bush's baked been secret recipe.

I know some of these tremolo's were shipped to other countries on some lower prices RG models. Some made in Japan, Probably the Early 1990's.

• Members

if you are looking for a replacement for your Kelley - like Pete said, if you want a Floyd get the real thing.

Gotoh does make a great version though (they make the Edge for Ibanez) and it can be had for $123.

http://universaljems.com/cart/bridgelocking.htm

Gotoh Floyd Rose Licensed Locking Tremolo System, Chrome, With Locking Nut SB 5300-010 $123.7

• Members

On my Ibanez RG450 I have the Edge floyd. Never had a problem with that one.

However the floyd on my kelly is really crap.

I've been told (on this forum) that Takeuchi makes some good floyds. However it's probably not this one..

Other than that I'm looking for a schaller, gotoh or OFR. Whatever I get a good deal on.. The Edge will not look right in this guitar. The lo-pro-edge will probably do the trick, but I haven't seen one at a fair price yet..

• Members

Originally posted by Mazi Bee

Here's an interesting thread I found while googling:

The RG470 had three different tremolo's over the years and each has a different rout and stud style. I would guess you have the later one that has the LO-TRS on it, Actually this is a Japanese bridge that is not a bad bridge, the Korean one the Lo-TRSII is the one people don't like.

The TRS is the Takeuchi TRS-101. This was not used on any models that came into the USA except for the 1997-1998 RG340 that was made at Peerless factory in Pusan Korea.(Peerless is actually a sub branch of IIda Gakki in Japan)

Takeuchi makes the Lo-TRS also for Ibanez. Actually they are very well made. I did a rockwell test on it and it is just as hard as a Schaller Floyd, Takeuchi has a secret way of hardening the plates, I went there but they would not show me the system, It is sort of like the Bush's baked been secret recipe.

I know some of these tremolo's were shipped to other countries on some lower prices RG models. Some made in Japan, Probably the Early 1990's.

I have several of these Takeuchi trems, and they're just as good as my OFR or Schaller.

The most I've paid was

• 2 months later...
  • Members

The takeuchis say "takeuchi - made in japan" on the trem block.

You'll have to take it out of the guitar to find out.

though, I suspect that there are a few different takeuchis around.. Even if it says takeuchi, it may still be a bad one (unless I'm just being paranoid again)

I have a takeuchi floyd rose pro replica on one of my guitars. The saddles will buzz if I use strings heavier than 10s, and I wanted to use 12s or 13s on that guitar.. I don't know if all takeuchis are like that. I have a takeuchi original floyd replica laying around, but haven't tried it yet.

• Members

Originally posted by FIREWIND7

I'd like to bump this up one

I have a Japanese made Ibanez 470 with a "Lo-TRS" floyd on it that doesn't say "II" and the whammy screws in- would this be the Japanese better Lo-Trs?

Yes, it probably would.

:thu:

Have you had any tuning problems with it?

• 8 months later...
  • Members

Time for a thread resurrection, I guess!

I removed the trem from my Washburn KV-40V (93 model), and lo-and-behold it's a Takeuchi. The plate's stamped "Washburn". It's a bit corroded, and the arm hole is fouled up a bit, so I was considering replacing it.

Archived