Battle of the 'bucker sized P90s

Blood

• Members

You'll get a list of everyone's favorites. My favorite is the Z-90 but tlbonehead hates 'em. We agree that they don't sound like vintage P-90s. The question is: What kind of P-90 tone do you want?

I think it better to just try them ALL! That's what I'm doing.

Hey! I've got the Bastards, a set of P-94s, and a set of Vintage Vibes for sale if you want 'em. Oh, and one extra bridge Z-90.

• Members

Good thread!!

I have a set of KA hb sized p90's in my lp custom.I don't like em, I think they'd probably sound better in a warmer woodier sounding guitar, the custom is a bit harsh for them I think.

I am looking for a set of fat sounding HB sized p90's though.

• Members

Originally posted by riffpowers

Good thread!!

I have a set of KA hb sized p90's in my lp custom.I don't like em, I think they'd probably sound better in a warmer woodier sounding guitar, the custom is a bit harsh for them I think.

I am looking for a set of fat sounding HB sized p90's though.

I tend to think they do better in a semi-hollow guitar. However, I know guitarcapo has a set in his LP Studio and he seems to like them in that guitar.

• Members

Originally posted by vintage clubber

I tend to think they do better in a semi-hollow guitar. However, I know guitarcapo has a set in his LP Studio and he seems to like them in that guitar.

I know I've complained about these in the past, but now I'm pretty sure its the harsh punchy nature of the guitar that makes it sound like that.To compensate I think I need an extra warm fat pickup.

Same thing with my Korina Jr.Great guitar, but that korina has so much cut it could certainly warm up with a fatter pickup.

• Members

Originally posted by riffpowers

I know I've complained about these in the past, but now I'm pretty sure its the harsh punchy nature of the guitar that makes it sound like that.To compensate I think I need an extra warm fat pickup.

Same thing with my Korina Jr.Great guitar, but that korina has so much cut it could certainly warm up with a fatter pickup.

Is it both positions or just the bridge?

• Members

I think this thread is worth resurecting!!

I have a les paul custom, it has the usual rather hard tone rather than the more warm woody les paul standard tone.

Whats my best bet for some nice fat sounding pickups that will warm it up??I'm thinking leslie west rather than bright crunch.The KA's in it are a bit thin due to the hard soiund of the guitar, I think a warmer fatter pickup would suit it better.

Gibson P94??

Rio grande bastard??

Bareknuckle mississipi queen??

Archived