I have Flying V gas ....

Devinstation

• Members

Originally posted by Dr Wanker

I love Vs, but don't like Gibson's '67 style neck joint. I'd love to get a USA Dean. Armitage has a bunch on his web site, just google "armitage gear" and he comes up first.

Holy crap, you're using my avatar!

I read your post and I couldn't remember posting that!

• Members

Originally posted by cerebrix

You realize there is a technical reason why the headstock is shaped the way it is right? It's not an aesthetics thing, its a functionality and sustain thing mang...

basically the shape is tuned to make the neck resonate better hence improving on the guitars overall sustain and tone.

proof? Pics? Links?

• Members

I want one of those Dean 79 Vs real bad. I wish there was a Dean dealer around here. I love the headstocks too.

I haven't played a Faded V with fret overhang yet, I will say that if you are looking to buy one from GC (like I did) they are {censored}ty off the shelf. Have them pop some new strings on for you and set the guitar setup before you make a decision. They will have to do it anyway.

I love my Faded. I bought mine right before the price drop when the craze hit and I had been wanting a Gibson V for a longggg time.

I'll admit that the quality control is better on the higher priced model, but for $500 less I'll set the guitar up myself. My Faded kicks ass, even when you are messing with it unplugged, it is extremely resonant. Its not leaving my hands anytime soon.

The Epi Vs felt really dead. I'd take the Faded over the Epi any day and I like Epiphones.

• Members

Some pretty nice guitars in this thread. I noticed that someone was jones'n for an LTD DV8r. I ended up ordering one and am pretty pleased with it. Those duncan livewire pickups are really nice and actually have a decent clean tone. It really took a long time for me to set that guitar up properly and I am still tweaking and I still dont think that the nut is cut right. That is one of the things you get shortchanged on against the real ESP model. They use an earvana compensated nut vs the cheapo in the LTD. Between that and the ebony board doesnt make a 2K$ difference in my opinion. Other than that, the neck through has some nice sustain and I kind of like the schaller locking tuners. I do wish it came with a free case. I ordered one from MF and got the wrong case, sent it back over a month ago and still havent gotten the right case back. I am thinking about putting in some graphtech saddles and getting someone to install an earvana nut when I get back stateside. And hopefully I get that case soon.

• Members

Originally posted by rockitsauce

Some pretty nice guitars in this thread. I noticed that someone was jones'n for an LTD DV8r. I ended up ordering one and am pretty pleased with it. Those duncan livewire pickups are really nice and actually have a decent clean tone. It really took a long time for me to set that guitar up properly and I am still tweaking and I still dont think that the nut is cut right. That is one of the things you get shortchanged on against the real ESP model. They use an earvana compensated nut vs the cheapo in the LTD. Between that and the ebony board doesnt make a 2K$ difference in my opinion. Other than that, the neck through has some nice sustain and I kind of like the schaller locking tuners. I do wish it came with a free case. I ordered one from MF and got the wrong case, sent it back over a month ago and still havent gotten the right case back. I am thinking about putting in some graphtech saddles and getting someone to install an earvana nut when I get back stateside. And hopefully I get that case soon.

um. i'm pretty sure the LTD sig models all come with cases....

Archived