Anyone familiar with Sonar 8?

• Members

I have been using Sonar for a long time but never to its full potential really but now that I have a new USB interface, Guitar Rig, East West orchestra, and ezdrummer I want to use it all in Sonar instead of using fruity loops like I was before. I have East West and Guitar Rig working but every time I have the audio settings configured correctly once I close the program and reopen it all the settings are messed up. Could it have anything to do with ASIO which it always defaults back to whenever I open Sonar instead of using the Focusrite interface?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

What settings are messed up exactly?

I think by default it sets your playback and record timing masters to window's default playback and recording device, but im not sure. If you open sonar without the interface plugged in its going to revert to whatever device windows is using and load settings appropriate for that as far as the driver, sampling rate, bit depth, etc. But I'm not really sure if that addresses what you are asking.

• Members

Set up a song to record, set all your settings by going into audio properties, then test the settings to be sure everything records

and plays back correctly. Then delete any test tracks and save the project with no tracks recorded as say project #1.

Next time you open Sonar use that template file to record with. All your settings should be present when you open the file.

Just save the recorded project with a new name and that blank template will be present every time. You can even have the

pots panned, plugins like a guitar tuner ready to go, or whatever. You can set up as many tracks as you would normally use too.

I run 16 channels so i have all my tracks named for Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vocals etc. Then when I open the project for recording

its all ready to record with the channels armed red. i just hit record, stop and save it with a new name. I then undo the recorded tracks

and record another, give it a new name save it etc etc. All your ASIO settings, Sample rates, audio preference will remain

the same so long as you saved them with the original template.

Archived