Anyone else see the new Guitarplayer mag?

StratAttackJack

• Members

I think the rosewood one was bought with a loan from their singer, after John got sober and rejoined the RHCP (he only had the red Jaguar, he got this as a present for himself because all of his guitars were lost in a fire that burnt down his house). He got it for like $9000 at a store in L.A. back in 1998.

I know about that and about the White Falcon, but have no clue about the maple one, or the Custom Tele for that matter.

It seems he finally got an old Les Paul.

• Members

but $9000 will not get you a 62' nowadays

:D

The White Falcon belonged to a friend of his (who is an actor a director, Vincent Gallo if i'm not wrong)... he sold it, but after John asked him to recover it for him he caused an ugly situation toget it back... it's from the 60's... and worth a huge ammount of money

• Members

Originally posted by GorgeBarri

but $9000 will not get you a 62' nowadays

:D

Lol - O I know that, I was thinking more for like a new {censored}ty car to replace my current {censored}ty car or some college money (beer money).

Edit:

Also! At least he plays them instead of keeping them in a case somewhere, thats awesome to me, I'd be doing the same thing! I don't know if I could afford the same security though, hah.

• Members

I would like to make a personal comment

the Red Hot have toured down where I live (Chile, South America) twice, but this did not take place in either of those concerts, it was after that

The Mars Volta were invited to play a festival, they were not headliners, Morrisey was. Mr. Morrisey had a really anal contract, he was to be picked up at his jet in the airport by a driver in a black mercedes, he had to drive him to the hotel without speaking, at all!, music was forbidden too. He had seven floors of his hotel booked, in order for there to be no noise at all.

Backstage, at this festival, a local radio girl was trying to get quotes from mr. Morrisey, with seven guards it was just impossible... sudenly she hears someone call out her name "Matilde!" she turned around and this small guy with a sweater and a hat was hugging her, it was Mr. John Frusciante who had travelled to jam with his friends The Mars Volta, no guards, no security, just John and his Strat!

• Members

The story inside states that it's a 55 which would make sense because the 58 had the butterfly string tree and that guitar has the round button style. Fender changed styles in 56. So they made a mistake on the cover. It's a sweet guitar either way. Don't know the personal story on it though.

• Members

Originally posted by EdMan63

The story inside states that it's a 55 which would make sense because the 58 had the butterfly string tree and that guitar has the round button style. Fender changed styles in 56. So they made a mistake on the cover. It's a sweet guitar either way. Don't know the personal story on it though.

Nice catch, I can't believe I didnt see that.

Archived