GAS for shred/metal guitar dilemma (I dont' shred nor play metal!)

deva_da_man

• Members

Hi all,

I've got severe GAS for one of those cort X-TH guitars. But it doesn't suit me.

neckthru

floyd rose (i dont like trems)

EMGs (i dont like EMGs)

black un-grainfilled (is that even a word?) satin finish. (like this part)

and to top it all off, they've got one going cheap @ my local music store roughly AU$950 from memory. (approx $725 US)

x-th-3.jpg

1243436_0.jpg

What to do, what to do... i've got the money... but I've also got other things that I would like to spend money on (my car project in particular)

• Members

are you asking us if you should buy a guitar you don't like, fit for a style you don't play, over spending car on a legitimate project that seems to matter to you?

I think you answered your own question, there friend. :)

Not to mention that there's no way in hell that I'd spent $700+ on a flippin' Cort guitar... but that's me - not that I have an opinion on the matter or anything... ;)

• Members

If it won't suit you you'll probably take it home and play it for a few days then stick it in the corner.

Do what you want, but I would pass. Maybe Rondo makes a similar model for less $ that you could buy as a whim

• Members
Originally posted by BlackHatHunter

are you asking us if you should buy a guitar you don't like, fit for a style you don't play, over spending car on a legitimate project that seems to matter to you?

I think you answered your own question, there friend.
:)

Not to mention that there's no way in hell that I'd spent $700+ on a flippin' Cort guitar... but that's me - not that I have an opinion on the matter or anything...
;)

it's not that i dont like it.
I really do like it. It just doesn't fit the style of music i play (although i do play everything, i mean the style of my band) and in general i dont like trems (my strat trem is blocked) and i dont like EMGs (based on VERY minimal usage of them - so not very well justified dislike of them)

it plays lovely.

this GAS really does take a hold of one doesn't it!

However,

I really need a tele first, and to finish my Strat project too.

then again, i dont even REALLY need anything more, 1 strat, 1 LP, 1 SG, 2 good amps (jcm800 and a handmade 40watt combo)

• Members
Originally posted by BlackHatHunter

Not to mention that there's no way in hell that I'd spent $700+ on a flippin' Cort guitar... but that's me - not that I have an opinion on the matter or anything...
;)

Saying this just makes you come off sounding like an ass.

Ever seen a Cort Masterbuilt guitar?

They make me wonder why anyone would spend the extra money for a PRS....a friend of mine has one and it is FLAWLESS.

Spend money for quality, not for a label.

That black superstrat is unbelievably sexy - I remember you posting pics of them before and I have GASsed for them ever since. I would love to own one.

• Members

I say go for it. i play mostly metal, but i own jazzmasters and teles and p90 equipped lp copies. they are all different and they are all fun. and they make me play (slightly) different and think of new things to play. who knows, maybe it'll let you unleash your inner malmsteen!

• Members

Originally posted by deva_da_man

neckthru?

that's an ibanez RG- they make several different models. the japanese ones are better than the koreans.

yes you can get neck-thrus. and also fixed bridges or the ibanez floyd type-"edge" tremolo. i like the edge lo-pros.(profile)

i played a cheap korean neck-thru at a GC in laredo,TX a few months ago and was actually impressed with it.

the neckas are awesome- thin and smooth.

• Members

See how much they can get you the nontrem version for. And if also doesnt have EMG's, your two points ahead getting the less expensive nontrem version. (Since ya said ot fan of emg's).

A shredders guitar like those used in black & death metal & other shreddder stuff can be played for other music styles. And can be excellent choice if you like a guitar thats real easy playing. Wether you might like John Mclaughlin, Naglefar, or Vai, or even country guitar that has complexity (if such exists) a shredder guitar can be great choice for playability, fit to body, and etc.

But would put car ahead of new guitar if car needs some fixing. Lol.

Archived