Saving CPU power with elastic audio in Pro Tools

• Members

I'm running out of CPU power at the tail end of this project. I've made all appropriate engine playback adjustments (maxed hardware and playback buffer size and cpu usage limit) I'm receiving a prompt suggesting running my elastic audio in rendered mode instead of real time. I do not want to lose my elastic edits (that are running in real time) and I don't want to bounce elastic audio enabled regions to an additional track being that my system is taxed as it is. 

What do you suggest? Would changing to Rendered elastic mode make my real time elastic audio edits irreversible? I would like to maintain my elastic audio edits while preserving the original source material.

Bouncing is really the best option IMO.Essentially you're "freezing" the elastic audio that way, and once the track is bounced, you can turn it off for that track so it's not using up resources.

What I'd recomment is disabling as many other tracks and plugins as you can; the non-Elastic Audio track... then bounce a few of the elastic audio tracks to new ones... then disable the source tracks and use the new ones in their place. Or, you can move the audio from the "new" tracks to new playlists on the original track, and then just disable the Elastic Audio. Then re--enable the other tracks that you disabled. The reason to disable the other tracks in the first place is to free up some CPU / system resources so you can bounce over those elastic audio tracks to new audio tracks without hitting the limitations of your system's power and resources.

If you find you need to re-do something in the Elastic Audio later, you can re-enable the original source track / playlist with the EA edits, make your changes, then re-bounce.

Archived