System Compatibility Question

• Members

I have  one computer running XP pro and a Digi 002 Rack running Protools 7.4 and another computer running XP pro, Sonar 8.5 strictly for midi sequencing. I am building a new PC around the I7 3770K, 32 gigs of ram, 3 separate Sata III 64 meg cache WD Black Caviar Drives, ASUS P8Z77-pro mother board., TI fire wire card, Win 7 pro, etc,,.  My thought process is to utilize my Digi002 rack  and combine Protools 10 and Sonar X2 on the same machine... I have and extensive midi setup of midi keyboards, modules, external samplers, drum machine connected by (2) M-audio Midi sport 8x8 midi interfaces that are sync to protools machine via midi time code. Is it possible for me to utilize the digi 002 rack for both platforms on the same pc.. I know that protools 10 is supported by 002, not for sure if Sonar X2 will work with the digi 002 rack.. If I can't  use the 002, I have my eye on a Fire Pro 2626 from M audio which should work and also work with protools 11.. The important thing is the adat in and out , I use it for recording from various keyboards and samplers and my Xlogic SSL Super Analog  Preamp...

it possible for me to utilize the digi 002 rack for both platforms on the same pc..

Sure. :)

I know that protools 10 is supported by 002, not for sure if Sonar X2 will work with the digi 002 rack..

You'll want to make sure you have the latest ASIO drivers for your Digi 002R installed. With that driver, it should work fine as an audio / MIDI interface for Sonar. Here's the latest I was able to find with a quick web search - feel free to see if you can find a later version, and if you do, I'd recommend using that one instead. :)

If I can't  use the 002, I have my eye on a Fire Pro 2626 from M audio which should work and also work with protools 11.. The important thing is the adat in and out , I use it for recording from various keyboards and samplers and my Xlogic SSL Super Analog  Preamp...

Avid, M-Audio, PreSonus, Universal Audio, Focusrite, RME, MOTU, Metric Halo - there are a lot of different companies who make multi-channel interfaces that also have ADAT I/O. It's still a very common (and IMO useful) feature.

Archived